ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alfa Romeo 4C Spider

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm a massive Alfa fan, the 8C is still one of the most beautiful cars ever made. I love the 4C also, the spider is impressive...

car_photo_590410_25.jpg

car_photo_590404_25.jpg

car_photo_590401_25.jpg

Cool alternative to an Elise.

Off to the Geneva show next tuesday to see it , as they might have just got our attention back after we dismissed the 4C coupe

Could have sworn it was a lotus underneath.

Care to put abit of meat on the bones then?

for a start lotus have never made a carbon tubed car which is what the 4C is underneath ?

what do you want to know ?

its made by Alfa , not lotus , by the same team who built the carbon 8c ? its all alfa in house

and as Alfa are owned by the Fiat group , they have a company who's not bad at carbon tubs , something to do with a horse ??? if they really need to

Lotus have nothing to do with the 4c 8c or any other alfa sports car

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The side on picture looks awesome, as above its just so perfectly proportioned, which obviously it should be when they had the exige to copy the proportions from, lol.

Exige-roadster-654-2.jpg

I really like them, but I'd probably buy an Exige still if it was my money, I just think it would work better on track longer term.

Very pretty car :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Surprised no one noticed the new headlamps. I believe they will be fitted to the 4C Coupe also.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just a bit more flair than the Porsche and a lot less luxurious. They kinda stripped the 4C back.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I can see why people would spend 45k elsewhere but the 4C, for me, is exactly what i'd have for that money at the moment.

It's pretty exclusive as well and all sold out iirc?

Red
I dropped my interest in the 4C due too the headlights... looks like i'll be going straight back to Alfa now.

f**king OAFT.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed, the Alfa is a fraction of the weight of the upmarket Boxster. Although I love the Boxster.

Lotus Elise
I can see why people would spend 45k elsewhere but the 4C, for me, is exactly what i'd have for that money at the moment.

It's pretty exclusive as well and all sold out iirc?

Reviews are not full of praise, everyone apart from TG said the steering is gash along with the exhaust note and head lights. No AC too and s**t interior.

You really don't get much for the coin either.

I find it odd that Alfa have gone after the Lotus market. It's saturated (by lotus) so much so Lotus are making a loss and barely sold any cars last year.

Last edited:

Ad

MK2 FRS
for a start lotus have never made a carbon tubed car which is what the 4C is underneath ?

what do you want to know ?

its made by Alfa , not lotus , by the same team who built the carbon 8c ? its all alfa in house

and as Alfa are owned by the Fiat group , they have a company who's not bad at carbon tubs , something to do with a horse ??? if they really need to

Lotus have nothing to do with the 4c 8c or any other alfa sports car

Thanks for that. Saved me reading up on it. Ha

The lotus talk isn't as silly as made out above.

It's well know Alfa entered into discussions with lotus r.e. production/assembly but the deal wasn't agreed and Alfa did their own thing in the end.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thing of beauty.

I see a 4c every so often near me. It makes me dribble a little.

The lotus talk isn't as silly as made out above.

It's well know Alfa entered into discussions with lotus r.e. production/assembly but the deal wasn't agreed and Alfa did their own thing in the end.

i have never heard that ? and exactly why would they need to , i think the Fiat group are just a little bigger than lotus and have a bit of a performance car pedigree, so show me something that says they did and where its well known .

i have been talking to alfa about if for some time

Aren't they all sold though?

the launch editions yes i believe , however this is a production car ,and they will be making about 3500 cars a year.

the spyder is not 45k it will be circa 50 +

i withdrew my intent with alfa and did not put a deposit down in the end as the spec changed as did certain styling items , the headlights for one .

the spyder with the lights and wheels its shown with (this is a concept not a real car anyway) looks much better , but they changed things on the coupe

Ad

MK2 FRS
i have never heard that ? and exactly why would they need to , i think the Fiat group are just a little bigger than lotus and have a bit of a performance car pedigree, so show me something that says they did and where its well known .

i have been talking to alfa about if for some time

Search SELOC you are member also iirc. It was during concept stage so probably 3 years ago, read about when I had an Elise.

Aren't GM a lot bigger than lotus? VX220? Aren't the various car companies that lotus do consultancy for a lot bigger? I can't claim to know the detail, but the 4C is a niche car originally being made in limited numbers.

Drop the patronising tone as well!!

Red
the launch editions yes i believe , however this is a production car ,and they will be making about 3500 cars a year.

the spyder is not 45k it will be circa 50 +

i withdrew my intent with alfa and did not put a deposit down in the end as the spec changed as did certain styling items , the headlights for one .

the spyder with the lights and wheels its shown with (this is a concept not a real car anyway) looks much better , but they changed things on the coupe

Same as me then. Phoned the Alfa garage, first guy didn't know about the spider... second guy laughed so i don't think that will be happening.

Search SELOC you are member also iirc. It was during concept stage so probably 3 years ago, read about when I had an Elise.

Aren't GM a lot bigger than lotus? VX220? Aren't the various car companies that lotus do consultancy for a lot bigger? I can't claim to know the detail, but the 4C is a niche car being made in limited numbers.

Drop the patronising tone as well!!

Seloc spout bollox all the time , you won't find one reference to it anywhere outside of seloc and i doubt it was concrete and you're the only person i have ever heard make reference to it , Alfa had already built the 8C and this is a cheaper evoloution , they are using the masserati production line and always intended to as thats where they made the 8C so didn't need lotus , none of the design input is outside Alfa ,apart from the carbon tub construction but the company has links to the FIAT group.

So no it isn't a lotus elise underneath , alfa have never considered building it outside of italy in any conversation i have had with Alfa S.P.a in the early days Via Alfa UK.

But you heard it on Seloc , enough said