ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alfa Romeo Giulietta

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Hi all,

Thought I would post some pics of my recently aquired G! Using this everyday and have a 172 project.

Opted out of the CC scheme at work and took the allowance, and am now saving circa £100 a month, which is nice.

It is a 1.4tb in cobalto blue metallic with rear parking sensors, rear tints and 18" teledials as options.

Love it at the moment after years in Audis, and think it looks spot on personally!

Interested to know what people think! Pics are after a prewash with vp citrus power/ironx, jetted, washed 2 bucket method, x2 coats of srp and egp sealant, topped with ag aquawax this afternoon.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Seat Leon Mk2
Hi, nice car, I've had my Alfa Red "G" for 12 months and love it, 1,4 with 170bhp, so nice to drive, you will love it.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
My brothers got two! One that shape/age, 2.something diesel with flappy gearbox job (same colour but the multi spoke/fan looking wheels and two exhausts) and it's lovely! Goes well. Other ones a couple of years old, grey and a bit more basic - did something like 84k miles in just over a year in it and no problems whatsoever! Nice looking cars.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Good looking cars and a nice colour choice.
Do these break or are they getting better nowadays.?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I like the big spec in White, very pretty car.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Cheers all :)

The facelift (2014 on i believe) is big step up in interior quality and kit, id say it is as good as the a3 i had before it.

Reliability wise, its fairly late in the models life, plus a facelift, so reliability wise they are as good as anything else. I went for petrol so no dpf worries etc.

Just got fed up of driving around in cars that arent mine and I hated!

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
Nice! Love the Colour.
Seeing more and more of these recently, are there good lease deals available on these at the moment or something?

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Thanks for the comments!

Well this was ~£23k list, and I got it for ~£16k, with a £2.5k deposit contribution, so was hands down the cheapest out of the crop of cars I was looking into!

It is full finance to own the car at the end, as the Missus wants it afterwards.

Planning to fit an unsilenced backbox as the cat and turbo make it a little muted.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I had the 1.6 diesel one was as a CC.

Used it for everything, did 70k in two years in it. Had the engine light on for 30k lol

Even drove it in the sea!

486117_10151488886962579_2111074981_n.jpg

RS Clio 172 2003
It's very nice and shiny, great colour and Alfa style of course. I used to be a keen Alfa driver, so keen I wrote one off at Oulton Park in fact. Had Clio 172's the last few years and they have been much more reliable and therefore cheaper to run as well. My partner had a 147 a few years back, paid £7000, it developed a fault to do with the crankshaft within a year, repair estimate was £3500 and she decided it wasn't worth repairing - disaster. Neither of us has had one since. It' just like they say on Top Gear, everyone should have an Alfa once in their life but then move on to something that keeps going.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
I just went for it to be honest, 3 year warranty inc. breakdown, and an allowance covering the monthly cost + a decent amount of running costs! Nothing else like them in the work car park (Jettas, A3s, Passats...).

Ordered a 'Wizard' backbox - 100mm slash cut inward rolled straight through. Current pipe is a puny 65mm!

Does anyone have any ideas how the chrome trim around the windows would come off? Not a fan of the bling factor.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Hi @percy555 not yet, I have a few warranty bits to sort first.

Uconnect headunit occasionally crashes, but I cant pinpoint why - its completely at random.
Rear drivers door doesnt 'catch' unless you slam it shut
Small rattle/knock/clunk on gear change at low speed

Hoping the above are all simple fixes!