ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alignment advice

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
I’ve never had the alignment done properly and having some bits done next week it’s about time I sorted it.

Spec will be
PMS solid top mounts
Standard shocks
Eibach Sportline springs
Camber bolts

Road use only - no plans for any track stuff.

And any good alignment places in north Hampshire too.

Any pointers would be massively appreciated, cheers.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Kwik Fit hunter alignment should be more than capable- just ask for your required camber etc and they’ll set it up for that.
I believe it’s £65 for a front alignment.

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
EF341CF5-7A42-4EE5-B683-4CC7BDBA7949.jpeg

Mine was very out of wack previously due to having the engine and subframe off and a rack change. Understandably it drives like a totally new car. Mine is mostly on the road too and drives superbly!

The above settings are a good base but depending on how hard you corner and how you like your steering, you could consider more camber up front. I found increasing front camber vastly improves turn-in and steering feel, at the expense of wearing the front tyres on the inner edge if you spend a lot of time driving in straight lines.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
The above settings are a good base but depending on how hard you corner and how you like your steering, you could consider more camber up front. I found increasing front camber vastly improves turn-in and steering feel, at the expense of wearing the front tyres on the inner edge if you spend a lot of time driving in straight lines.

Thanks pal. Car spends more time going round corners than in a straight line. I’d say cornering was medium to hard usually.

Thanks pal. Car spends more time going round corners than in a straight line. I’d say cornering was medium to hard usually.
Good man! I'm running 3 degrees camber on the front with solid top mounts. The OEM rubber mounts and camber settings weren't to my liking at all. I am getting my camber and caster from adjustable top mounts - not sure how much camber you can get with bolts, but if you like cornering then max it out I say!

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
3° of neg camber is a lot on a road car.
My daily runs at -1.5 and feels wonderful on 595RS-PRO's.
Might consider-2.0 as an experiment.
Had -3.5 for a week or two once (waiting for alignment) lovely when pushing on in corners, terrible squeeling and hunting everywhere else.

E30kev

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi S3 8V
I'm in the same boat, just fitted new suspension all round to replace the tired old junk and its well out now.

Kwik fit turned me away on Sunday (had it booked in) saying they can't touch modified suspension anymore.
New company policy allegedly, either that or he just couldn't be bothered.

My car only has cup shocks, h&r lowering springs and eibach camber bolts.

Getting it done by a local motorsport company instead 😉

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
I'm in the same boat, just fitted new suspension all round to replace the tired old junk and its well out now.

Kwik fit turned me away on Sunday (had it booked in) saying they can't touch modified suspension anymore.
New company policy allegedly, either that or he just couldn't be bothered.

My car only has cup shocks, h&r lowering springs and eibach camber bolts.

Getting it done by a local motorsport company instead 😉

I called Kwik Fit in Bognor (closest to Gary Spooner’s place) and the lad there said all OK to do when I explained what I’m doing. We’ll see what they say when I actually turn up lol.