ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All 197/200’s on the forum. Get in here!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
@200pedro @youngarthur the only drawback to running no front arch liners will be the amount of s**t that will find its way into the engine bay. You’ll also find that you may well end up getting a lot more stonechips down the side of the car due to to the front wing vents being open, as they currently vent the engine bay believe it or not!

renault clio 200
@200pedro @youngarthur the only drawback to running no front arch liners will be the amount of s**t that will find its way into the engine bay. You’ll also find that you may well end up getting a lot more stonechips down the side of the car due to to the front wing vents being open, as they currently vent the engine bay believe it or not!
Wonder if i can cut the fobar parts off and resecure the top and what's left of the front

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

clio172cup
Nice collection. But wtf is that exhaust on the 172 cup??!!! I would rip that off on the first white/rough selective. Get a nice stealth exhaust on there tucked up nice and high.
Yes you are right, hate that back box, will get round to changing it i promise

Clio rs 200
Headlights failed completely - needed new UPC (https://turborenault.co.uk/threads/197-headlight-wiring-relay.82805/)
Lower swivel balljoints - hub split when replacing one
Exhaust flexis, then exhaust joint not matching up and blowing, cut the middle section out and fitted a sleeve joint and now its so loud without the centre box it wakes the dead, despite the OE backbox being the size of a planet.
Failed folding mirror (replaced)
Failing keyless button on drivers door
Random ESP light came on once every few weeks, seems to have cured itself now
Top torque link shot (replaced)
Bottom torque link shot (replaced)
Funny noise on gearchange I have been chasing, thats cost me a driveshaft, wheel bearing, aux belt/tensioner, it's still there and it's itrritating
Fading cheap s**t trim
Build quality that makes my 21 Turbo feel like a Bentley
Terrified of the gearbox synchro's shitting themselves
Gear ratio's are ridiculously short, my 172 was bad enough but the 197 6th is even shorter than the 172 5th which is unfathomable
Kangarooing
Misfire at medium throttle levels at just over 2k rpm, in every gear, every time. Like i'm running out of fuel, but i'm not.
Consistently terrible MPG

Done 68k, bought it to replace my aging 161,000 mile 172. Wish i'd kept the 172 now.
Might not help but my misfire was a sensor after hours of research got that fixed 250 for sensor tho
Headlights failed completely - needed new UPC (https://turborenault.co.uk/threads/197-headlight-wiring-relay.82805/)
Lower swivel balljoints - hub split when replacing one
Exhaust flexis, then exhaust joint not matching up and blowing, cut the middle section out and fitted a sleeve joint and now its so loud without the centre box it wakes the dead, despite the OE backbox being the size of a planet.
Failed folding mirror (replaced)
Failing keyless button on drivers door
Random ESP light came on once every few weeks, seems to have cured itself now
Top torque link shot (replaced)
Bottom torque link shot (replaced)
Funny noise on gearchange I have been chasing, thats cost me a driveshaft, wheel bearing, aux belt/tensioner, it's still there and it's itrritating
Fading cheap s**t trim
Build quality that makes my 21 Turbo feel like a Bentley
Terrified of the gearbox synchro's shitting themselves
Gear ratio's are ridiculously short, my 172 was bad enough but the 197 6th is even shorter than the 172 5th which is unfathomable
Kangarooing
Misfire at medium throttle levels at just over 2k rpm, in every gear, every time. Like i'm running out of fuel, but i'm not.
Consistently terrible MPG

Done 68k, bought it to replace my aging 161,000 mile 172. Wish i'd kept the 172 now.
Might not help but my misfire was down to a o2 sensor cost me 250 for dealership so you will be able to get it cheaper also fixed the kangarooing

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Recently picked up this 2011 Clio 200 in Pearl White with factory painted black roof (1 of 17) , Recaro's, Cup Pack, Speedlines and fitted with a Scorpion non-res cat back exhaust, H&R lowering springs and spacers, absolutely love this car!!
IMG_5239.jpg

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
Might not help but my misfire was down to a o2 sensor cost me 250 for dealership so you will be able to get it cheaper also fixed the kangarooing
Thankyou for the tip, I have a spare from a second hand manifold I bought so I might try swapping that in.

I have noticed that the kangarooing reduces with higher octane fuel as well, but as i'm sure everyone knows it's hard to investigate thoroughly when its only an apprent issue for a minute or two after starting.

C2 Code
Only been a clio owner for 9months upgraded my 106gti and got this pretty much standard only 45k on clock done bits and bobs just want opinion on lights and spoiler? Should I get smoked lights or not and should I add spoiler? Ps some of your guys clios are awsome

How does it compare to the gti out of interest?

Clio 197
I've just joined the squad I love mine 11 years old now 07 reg but it drives like it should and did when it left the showroom I've got 17" team dynamics lightweight wheels on scorpion cat back systym and a ktec induction and a custom remap done at efi.It now runs at 204bhp and 170flb of tourqe one of the best cars I've drive down a b road in a long time.

Attachments

• IMG_20180513_153357.jpg
    IMG_20180513_153357.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 329
  • IMG_20180513_153320.jpg
    IMG_20180513_153320.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 381

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I've just joined the squad I love mine 11 years old now 07 reg but it drives like it should and did when it left the showroom I've got 17" team dynamics lightweight wheels on scorpion cat back systym and a ktec induction and a custom remap done at efi.It now runs at 204bhp and 170flb of tourqe one of the best cars I've drive down a b road in a long time.

Such an under rated colour. Very nice indeed.

Clio MK3 RS
Hi, fellow 200 owners. I recently purchased a white 200 on a 2010 10 plate which I am very pleased with

I need to change the front springs as I recently found one has failed. I am looking at fitting Eibach springs E10-75-008-14-22. Will these fit? As I’ve been told the design changed in 2009?

Any advice welcome - what is everyone else running. I don’t won’t to go super low.

Thanks

renault clio 200
Hi, fellow 200 owners. I recently purchased a white 200 on a 2010 10 plate which I am very pleased with

I need to change the front springs as I recently found one has failed. I am looking at fitting Eibach springs E10-75-008-14-22. Will these fit? As I’ve been told the design changed in 2009?

Any advice welcome - what is everyone else running. I don’t won’t to go super low.

Thanks
I could be wrong but I'm sure it's the top mounts that's different

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk