ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All 3 Of My Modified Clios. Progress Thread. Long Read!!!!

RenaultSport 172.
Hey, thought i'd show a progress thread of all my cars...from how i bought them and how i modded them....it shows how my taste origionated and how it changed due to the fact of cliosport and surrounding people. hope its a good read and shows the new modders how their taste will change as they get older and the likes....hopefully anyway.

well...i started off with a mk1 ultra red clio. it was a 1.2 8v and it was my first car. i bought it with 9.5 k on the clock, and was absolutely immaulate. payed £1k for it off my nan when i was 16; just before my 17th birthday.

the car was standard, so first port of call was to add some wheels, . bought some ripspeed wheels from work, and a chrome exaughst and a 'sport' badge.

pbpic928389.jpg

I then lowered the car with a 60mm spax kit i got from work and payed my mate al to drop the front springs on for me and to lower the torsion bar to match the front drop.

DSC00212.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

Then me and my mates became under the influence of local car clubs in our local area, and decided to start our own car club 'local cruize'. i had this 'billboarded' across my rear window and thought i was kool. got slaghted on the forum but ignored everyones response as i thought better. at this point i then changed the tip on the exaughst to a dtm style one.

DSC00261.jpg

Following on from the localcruize idea, i then set around stripping the car and putting two cobra clubman seats, two luke 3'' rally harness's and a strutbrace that phil at powerflow had nocked up for me. looked the dogs bollox IMO. all the plastics were took out and the car made slight progress.

DSC01769.jpg

DSC01776.jpg

DSC01768.jpg

Dsc019107.jpg

From this, i began to take notice of peoples suggestions on cliosport, and took influence. i removed the localcruize sticker and bought a set of turbines that were in bad need of a refurb from rob on here. i refurbed them in satin black, and whacked on the ventus tyres off my ripspeed wheels as i was on a very tight budget. i also purchased some french pressed number plates and put the all on at once.

DSC00239.jpg

DSC01947.jpg

untitled1234567.jpg

After this i was very pleased with how my car was looking and added a DTM style exaughst off my mates golf gti. most of the time the zorst sat on the piss as the backbox was too wide for the clio as it wasnt designed to fit the car, but it was loud and looked ok from certain angles and therefore i kept it.

DSC02045.jpg

DSC02046.jpg

DSC02027.jpg

DSC02030.jpg

DSC02037.jpg

after this i thought the rear of the car looked abit boring, and therefore added a valver spoiler to the rear lid & wheel. the car had now created a colour theme of the black plastics and wheels, complimented with the red chassis.

DSC00235.jpg

DSC02155.jpg

DSC02195.jpg

DSC02190.jpg

Unfortuately, my mom became ill and had to go into hospital, so i had to become the family taxi in the meantime. she couldnt drive after she came out as she had several opperations on her legs so i continued the taxi misson. all the interior had to go back in. i also added a large streetrace sticker in the rear window as i joined their community.

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

i then considered handeling as the rear strutbrace and the likes had gone, and met up with cliogav at starcity to get a red sparco front strutbrace. at the same time i also added a K&N Air filter under the bay & an alpine ipod heaadunit.

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00227.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

At this point to give you an idea of the time span it took for my car too look like this it had now reached 15k

DSC00338.jpg

.At this point i then set around detailing the car for donny 2007 as my car was to appear on the kroozstaffs stand. i set around detailing the car and was quite pleased it only took around 7 hours.
Cleanest it had ever been!

donny2007.jpg

got some cracking images/photos whilst i was at the show too....

DSC00549.jpg

DSC00552.jpg

DSC00551.jpg

DONNY2007016.jpg

parked up alongside my mates other clio. also a 1.2

DSC00566.jpg

Soon after the show i got inspited by a clio i saw tht had a side exit exaughst, and becuase my dtm was on its way out, made trip up to MIJ performance to have one custom made. letter box design decated. Flames Galour!

myn.jpg

DSC01008.jpg

DSC00975.jpg

And heres a video to give you an idea of the sound of it...

th_MEracinspiff.jpg

seems all i ever wanted was a moving picture of my car, me and a few mates set around a road trip to blackpool for the weekend, and i got some of my friends to get some moving pics of my car....here were the results

DSCF2554.jpg

DSCF2562.jpg

Ok...so id just turned 18 and id got bored of the 1.2's performance. id had ideas of putting larger engines into it, but thought id cut my loses and buy a valver. the 1.2 went into storage and the valver came out to play.

19062007068.jpg

19062007066.jpg

i bought a M reg 449 valver that was totally standard, bar some gold team dynamic monzas, a pipercross induction kit, superchip and remap.

17062007049.jpg

19062007058.jpg

19062007061.jpg

19062007072.jpg

then i bought a momo millenium stearing wheel, momo boss and a colour coded gear nob.

19062007063.jpg

i then bought a set of nailed gaz coilovers off here from winston for the valver an wound them right the way down. dropped the torsion bar onto the bumpstops to match the fronts drop. with it still on the monzas with their balloon tyres it was impossible to turn. heres some pictures to show the drop on the monzas.

1.jpg

2.jpg

. to allow me to turn, i decided to wrap my turbines in some toyo proxies and put them on the valver. i also added some front fog lights...

07072007120.jpg

07072007119.jpg

4492.jpg

Unfortuately, the car got wrote off as a taxi ploughed into the back at me at some red lights. it went throught insurance and it got wrote off. as it was my dream car i kept my car and got it repaired with them payout money.
as i got the car sitting and looking how i wanted too, i started detailing the car. i added a poweflow backbox and started giving it a good clean after the repair work. i also coloured the toyo writing on the tyres in white to give it the motorsport look. i also added some pressed number plates off dubmesiter.

24112007042.jpg

24112007046.jpg

Roughly a week after it was on the road, i took a trip to great bridge to show my car off to all the local cruizers. got loads of attention and showed a few cars up on the drop it had. as id had a wikid night i set around having a slow drive home...coming down the M6, pouring rain, middle lane. a lorr pulled out on me and i had the choice of either getting crused and dying or doing something about it. i ended up going past the lorry sideways before spinning it and plowing it into the reservation. i slid 500 meters into the reservation with only a cut to my head and BAD whiplash

Image010.jpg

Image008.jpg

Image006.jpg

As id had 2 mk1's already that id played with and another mk1 i bought as a run around...3 in total, i thought id try my modifying style to a mk2.
i therefore went out and bought a mk2 RSI in monaco blue. totally standard and had to travel to scotland to get it.

16012008207.jpg

16012008209.jpg

i then set about moddifying it and therfore taking insperation from DUB, bought some BBS i found on pistonheads.

29012008261.jpg

29012008262.jpg

. i had the centre bore machined out as the wheel were intended to fit vw with a centre bore of 57.1, and i therefore had to have them machined out to a clio center bore of 60.1. i made a few alterations an set around fitting the rear wheels. followed shortly by the front ones.

30012008264.jpg

31012008271.jpg

31012008270.jpg

as the car was in desperate need of a drop i then bought some coilovers from work, and wound them down to the bottom. the rear sat higher however and gave it a real nice stance.

04032008492.jpg

04032008486.jpg

04032008485.jpg

04032008488.jpg

i then followed the trend i had on the other 3 clios by putting on some french styled pressed number plates & wolfsburg surrounds....

06032008503.jpg

06032008502.jpg

06032008505.jpg

from the picture above i set about removing some of the stickers from the rear window and replacing them with ones i bought from the dub show in telford the day before. as i did the m25 ring before christmas i thought it rude not to have the sticker to compliment it. ;)

13032008524.jpg

and how it sits now....havent got any pictures of the back dropped lower yet, however here is how it practically sits now.

13032008525-001.jpg

13032008523.jpg

13032008521.jpg

13032008516.jpg

13032008515.jpg

. as always ill contine to post updates of progress to my car, bought thought id make a trbute thread to all my cars.

hope this was a good read for you all.

Rage.:)

Iceburg 172FF
lovely cars, wish I had pics and stuff from all of my past ones. some really terrible things i did to some of them :D

RenaultSport 172.
Thanks Mate.

yeah, i keep a photoalbum of all my cars progress...and just looking through photobucket i saw all of these so i thought id make a tribute thread...

RenaultSport 172.
Spelling was never my strong point :( still..hope it wasa good read!

the BBS are BBS RM's by the way :D with 165/50/15 tyres streched over them...

thanks, yeah imgoing euro on the RSI :d

RenaultSport 172.
yeah you will have saw possibley all of them on SDH lol.

got the plates from Dubmeister :D

I'm confused, why put a load of german related stickers etc on to a french car ???

I don't get the bbs alloys idea on the mk2 clio tbh, they'd look a lot better on an old golf of bmw 3 series. I guess it's just me though.

RenaultSport 172.
Thanks stuart182.

I'm confused, why put a load of german related stickers etc on to a french car ???

I don't get the bbs alloys idea on the mk2 clio tbh, they'd look a lot better on an old golf of bmw 3 series. I guess it's just me though.

i guess i dont get why most topis i click on; on this forum every clio has a cup splitter, turinis and sportlines.
maybe its just me though.

How much you selling the red clio for??

Offers.

Astra VXD xp with DTUK

+1 on that, still a good read, shame about the valver though. gettin shunted from behind, repairing it then crashing again is just pure bad luck at least u were ok though. could have been a lot worse

RenaultSport 172.
thanks rich. yeah i could of been alot worse and we were both lucky to be alive, never mind walk away alive :D

Great read, my favourite was the red 1.2 on the turbines stripped, looked mint.
its forsale and is prime for a valver conversion ;):):):)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

No, i'm in agreeal! The valver looked MINT!!! COuld of done wi a wide track conversion or spacers but other than that it was a nice lookin bus!

Also, why is the plate about an inch lower than the recess??!! Can you not lower the bak of the RSI to match?

RenaultSport 172.
:D

sprry DJW Dave, but my mate bought the rear brace to compliment his cage in his valver turbo :p

RenaultSport 172.
thanks.

the idea was to show the stages of all my cars, and to show how your changes taste as you get older. clearly shown in the development of the red clio lol.

i guess i dont get why most topis i click on; on this forum every clio has a cup splitter, turinis and sportlines.
maybe its just me though.
^
Maybe, just maybe because those mods work so well ? Another thing, I for one never seen any clios with cup splitters & turini's etc around, only ones I see are are on here.

Me thinks you need to get a german car & put all of the german related shizz (esp the stickers) on it;)

BMW F31
Dude! monochrome pic mk2 ph1 on the BBS rims looks ssoooooooo sweet!!

how awesome was the dub show at telford, despite living all the way down south, me and a mate made the journey and it was well worth it!

deffo some good inspiration!

:)

RenaultSport 172.
clio 1.6 16v .....it was real good yeah :)
fully appreciated it and some real good ideas to nick ;) aha.

built by the french. inspired & styled by the germans is now the clioeuro motto ;D

1.8 8v RSi
Awesome read rage!
i remember the good old days of yoru red mk1...
been following you since the start of your time on here....
must do a mini meet soon;)