ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All Racing Blue 182's on the Forum...

RB 182 Cup,E46 M3 CS
It's going to be a while until I put my own amateur detailing skills to the test so this is the best I can do for now. The Clio sitting in it's natural habitat, on a twisty road and covered in filth.

Janaury18 128 (2).JPG

Janaury18 134 (2).JPG

Oh and this is the cleanest she's ever been in my ownership:

Janaury18 005 (2).JPG

RB 182 FF
Well I'm glad the RB has been swiped by my 65 yr old mum as I've eventually replaced it with an EP3 after much deliberation...
Still got a huge soft spot for the RB as its been a loyal loving friend for 6 years! I feel like I've cheated on her with the EP3...! These are 2 very different cars but both awesome in their own ways!! However the EP3 fits me better as I'm a big guy and its a bigger car which I like! I'm just in the process of de-blacking the RB for my mum, so the chrome badges and bullets are back...Just the wheels left to sort now..! Sorry for crap pics but I took a couple of the stable buddies today whilst washing them.... Second pic is better showing the EP3's stance...

Attachments

• IMG_20180110_143629.jpg
    IMG_20180110_143629.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20180104_003159.jpg
    IMG_20180104_003159.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 100
  RB 182 FF
Hi Thomas, Ive had the EP3 a few days so haven't really got to test the handling as the roads are so cruddy... but this particular EP3 has had a proper fast road setup by the previous owner, it's on 30mm sportline springs, full camber setup with bolts and tie bars etc... To be honest it feels tight as hell, I'm amazed it feels so solid for a Japanese car! One thing I would say is the straight line speed feels awesome in the EP3 probably helped by the ITG induction and M2 exhaust... But the Clio's nimble accurate steering feel is definitely noticeable compared.... The EP3 feel is slightly more dead but not bad!

RB 182 FF
Yeah it is isn't it! I've been through the previous owners bills and I've totted up about 3.5k of parts and Labour still on this car... Including very recently 4 new calipers, 4 new bridgestone potenzas, ebc discs, yellowstuff pads, braided lines, itg maxogen, m2 exhaust, kenwood ddx8016dabs touch screen headunit etc... Would break my heart spending that then selling it!:astonished:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
People do. Like building a track car then selling it before using it on track lol.

Stick a thread up when you get chance. Don’t forget the bullet pics ;)

RB 182 FF
Thanks Dr Jekyll! To be honest I still love RB, it stole my soul!! But the EP3 is an awesome machine....the engine and gearbox are a masterpiece....!:hearteyes:

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Not as cheap as the lad on Facebook but a tyre garage 10minutes away from my house fit 205-45-16 for £90 each.

I haven’t I don’t know if they would look small as my suspension is standard apart from eibach springs.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
yeah I love mine on the stock wheels, 16" suit the phase 2 1*2's much more imo. Look a tad under-wheeled on 15's no matter how low you go
plus the wheels themselves can be had cheap with tyres on, so just sell old set on and buy another used set with better tyres each time when they crop up, lol!

RB Clio 182
Agree’d, i love my oem wheels on the rb, i never liked them on the arctic, weird how they suit one blue much more than another blue.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
yeah I love mine on the stock wheels, 16" suit the phase 2 1*2's much more imo. Look a tad under-wheeled on 15's no matter how low you go
plus the wheels themselves can be had cheap with tyres on, so just sell old set on and buy another used set with better tyres each time when they crop up, lol!

I know what you mean about 15" looking too small. It was one of my fears of moving to smaller wheels however the £££'s saved in tyre cost outweighed this IMO.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I know what you mean about 15" looking too small. It was one of my fears of moving to smaller wheels however the £££'s saved in tyre cost outweighed this IMO.

its borderline imo, love my 182 on my 15" Williams wheels, but I just think they are slightly too small for it. the cost isn't so much an issue really for me as as mentioned I just trade in used stuff and look out for a bargain. although 15" stuff is more freely available and I do stick to that for the track stuff too as not only easier to get but also lighter etc. for unsprung weight