ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All rounder tyre options for 182

jassa

ClioSport Club Member
The car I bought has Hankook Ventus V12 evo 2 on the rear and nearly new Bridgestone Turanza T005 on the front, which have done around 2000 miles.

So I'm was thinking of either changing the Hankooks for Turanzas to match the front, or changing the lot. Looking at the tyre options I've shortlisted:

- Michelin PS3
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2
- Pirelli P Zero Nero GT
- Federal 595 RS Pro ?

I assume the above are all decent in the wet. What tyres do you guys run?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
For all round road use, my favourite are the PS3. Think they are quite expensive though. I also like Hankook and that is what I run on my BMW.

PS3 are ridiculously good, although a touch more expensive in some sizes.

F1 GSD2 were insanely good in the wet, but I've not tried the Assymmetric versions (because apparently wheel sizes under 16" or 17" don't exist on cars with performance :rolleyes:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
For the last few years I ran Uniroyal Rainsport 2's then Rainsport 3's. I doubt you'll find a better wet weather tyre, no problems in the dry when pushing on. The downside of these tyres is the piss poor wear rate.
I'm currently running Avon ZV7's , so far so good 3k miles in and still lots of tread left. They're not quite as good in the wet as the Rainsports .
The Avons are only 58 quid a tyre from Camskill or ATS are doing them for 68 quid fitted.

Clio 172 Ph2
The car I bought has Hankook Ventus V12 evo 2 on the rear and nearly new Bridgestone Turanza T005 on the front, which have done around 2000 miles.

So I'm was thinking of either changing the Hankooks for Turanzas to match the front, or changing the lot. Looking at the tyre options I've shortlisted:

- Michelin PS3
- Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2
- Pirelli P Zero Nero GT
- Federal 595 RS Pro ?

I assume the above are all decent in the wet. What tyres do you guys run?

Alot of folk dont rate them very highly but im a driver who doesnt scream his car everywhere.

I like to put my foot down a little but not all the time.

I personally have found no issue with NANKANG NS2's £44 a tyre

They hold up well in wet and icey conditions with NORMAL driving applications.

Thats not to say they will hold up well if you do 100mph everywhere though!

For driving in line with speed limits on roads i have no issue with these tyres.

J

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I run PS3's on the Clio and have no complaints whatsoever!

But for just dailying around, maybe have a look at Falken FK510's? I'm quite impressed with them on the wife's Civic Type S.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I run PS3's on the Clio and have no complaints whatsoever!

But for just dailying around, maybe have a look at Falken FK510's? I'm quite impressed with them on the wife's Civic Type S.
Never hear of those Falkens. Just had a quick look on tyrereviews and they come out better than Michelin PS3's as an all round tyre.
I might have a look at them when it comes time for some new tyres (y)

Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I'd never heard of them either until a new tyre center opened near us and they're a Falken supplier!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
@ OP..

Why ? Do they need replacing because they're worn out ?

I've had the Hankooks on a Clio and Impreza and I thought they were fab.

I've had some awful budget tyres (Infinity?) which snap oversteered unprovoked in the wet at 20mph and I've had other budgets, Hero I believe they were on the back of an old 172 that even when being a complete arse in the wet, they refused to let up !

However there are enough threads on here to write a thesis on tyres and people's opinions about them.. have a look through.

Pick a tyre and search - there's going to be people that love them and people that hate them, and everything in-between.

If/when they need replacing, buy the best you can. They're the only thing touching the tarmac.

Alot of folk dont rate them very highly but im a driver who doesnt scream his car everywhere.

I like to put my foot down a little but not all the time.

I personally have found no issue with NANKANG NS2's £44 a tyre

They hold up well in wet and icey conditions with NORMAL driving applications.

Thats not to say they will hold up well if you do 100mph everywhere though!

For driving in line with speed limits on roads i have no issue with these tyres.

J
I hear what you're saying...

... but whether you're doing 100mph or 29.99999mph, if some moron pulls out on you, you need to be able to emergency stop in the shortest possible distance, which I'm not convinced cheaper tyres can do.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I hear what you're saying...

... but whether you're doing 100mph or 29.99999mph, if some moron pulls out on you, you need to be able to emergency stop in the shortest possible distance, which I'm not convinced cheaper tyres can do.
You certainly can’t do it on NS2’s!
Absolutely shocking tyre.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I’ve got 15” PS3s on mine and had 16” Pirellis before, no issues with either.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hello,

Would the following tyre fit a Clio 182 that's on OEM wheels?

215/45/16 86W TL

Many thanks,

Marc