ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Premium Tyres

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not up to date with the tyres of choice these days.

Without getting into a huge debate, what premium tyres should I be considering?

I have Pirelli P-Zero Nero on all four at the moment, I'm looking to replace the front two, I was tempted to just go P-Zero again, but these have now change to P-Zero Nero GT, not sure if there's much difference, but reviews aren't great.

Other options that came up were Conti Premium Contact 2, which are about £80 per corner fitted, and then PS3's, but they're £97 fitted, are they worth the extra?

Thanks.

PH2 172
Uniroyal Rainsport 3`s £53 a corner in 205`s.(Camskills)
Upside,A rated wet grip.Downside,will only last about 8k miles on the front.
I`ve had PS3`s before,but am now on my 2nd set of RS3`s.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think you can ask what tyres people can recommend without stating your requirements?

Price? Dry grip? Wet grip? Cold condition grip? Feedback? Longevity? Road noise? Tread pattern? Brand? Road use / track use? Size?

Tyres are a compromise - for anyone to be able to make a decent recommendation you have to specify your most important requirement plus another couple that are also high on your list.

Listerine & Poledo
Is this for a normal 182 Clio?
Contisport, Goodyear Eagles, Yokohama Paradas, Bridgestone Potenzas, Hankook Ventus, Vredestein Ultrac. UniroyalRainsport.

Any of those, you cant miss.

Is this for a normal 182 Clio?
Contisport, Goodyear Eagles, Yokohama Paradas, Bridgestone Potenzas, Hankook Ventus, Vredestein Ultrac. UniroyalRainsport.

Any of those, you cant miss.
I wouldn't be buying Yokohamas for the UK unless it's dry trackdays - they've always been sh!t in the wet IMHO lol

Goodyear Eagle F1, Contisport Contact 5 (or 6, whatever they're up to now), Michelin Pilot Sport 3 or 4 - they'd be my choice.

Check out the evo magazine tyre test if you can find it online.

Listerine & Poledo
What boils my ass with magazine tyre tests is that they do a hardcore test for the first 15 miles of a tyre. That's it.

Great, and what about after 3000 miles?

Agreed on Yokos tho, they need heat to work. The paradas on my Mazda were superb in summer but now, may as well be linglong Wangers

Uniroyal Rainsport 3`s £53 a corner in 205`s.(Camskills)
Upside,A rated wet grip.Downside,will only last about 8k miles on the front.
I`ve had PS3`s before,but am now on my 2nd set of RS3`s.
This^
I'm on RS3's on my 182 road/wet wheels and on my Mondeo ST and cant fault them for the price. Even done a few laps at Oulton recently in the dry and they where great, anymore though and they would just melt. Done around 9k miles in my Mondy and still loads of tread left on them, different on a Clio though.

Had PZ Nero's on my road wheels before and found them lacking in comparison to the RS3's.

Listerine & Poledo
Eagle F1's
10405282_10153172721523535_6172028593631131992_n.jpg

PH2 172
What boils my ass with magazine tyre tests is that they do a hardcore test for the first 15 miles of a tyre. That's it.

Great, and what about after 3000 miles?

Agreed on Yokos tho, they need heat to work. The paradas on my Mazda were superb in summer but now, may as well be linglong Wangers

Linglong Greenmax UHP are B rated Wet Grip.
At £31.35 for 205/45R16 XL I`d nearly be tempted to give them a try.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
When it comes to tyres, its very much each to their own. I run PS3's on the front as I dont plan on track days and I wanted something good in the wet and generally good wearing. Theyve done me very well so far (about 4k miles in now) and I feel theyre a decent all rounder. Although, sometimes, I wish they were a bit grippier in the dry!

That being said, they were £210 for a pair at mates rates!