ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alliance and Leicester Car Insurance 1 year free if they can't beat your renewal.

Mr2 Roadster
Copied from another site:

I was searching for car insurance the other day and came across this.

Alliance and Leicester guarantee they can beat your insurance renewal quote or if they can't they'll give you a whole year free.

My current renewal was £740 (Third party Fire and Theft) but when i filled out their form I entered £500 (Comprehensive). They quoted me £489. I checked all the policy wording and can't find anything saying they need proof.

http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/insurance/index.asp?page=home&ct=primarymenu

172 Cup
Copied from another site:

I was searching for car insurance the other day and came across this.

Alliance and Leicester guarantee they can beat your insurance renewal quote or if they can't they'll give you a whole year free.

My current renewal was £740 (Third party Fire and Theft) but when i filled out their form I entered £500 (Comprehensive). They quoted me £489. I checked all the policy wording and can't find anything saying they need proof.

http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/insurance/index.asp?page=home&ct=primarymenu

Some people don't look very hard..

A copy of your renewal invitation or notice from your previous insurer will be required

306 GTI-6
If you follow your link, then click on the blue car insurance, then read all of the fine print, it says a copy of you renewaL will be required. It also doesnt include things such as legal cover, breakdown cover, courtesy car etc.

Unfortunately we are unable to offer you a quotation based on the information that we have collected. If you would like to speak to one of our advisors please call us,

:rolleyes:

Renewal was £455 anyway so not bad. Was going to be £411 on the 172.

306 GTI-6
Its crap, they just beat it by a tenner, but as it doesnt include legal, breakdown and courtesy car, by the time this is all added it will cost more anyway.

Usually these things stipulate a "like for like" basis. Phone the number and ask for those benefits to be included, and point out that it isn't "beating my quote" if it isnt giving the same product. If the offer is still on at my renewal, thats what I'll be doing.

306 GTI-6
Usually these things stipulate a "like for like" basis. Phone the number and ask for those benefits to be included, and point out that it isn't "beating my quote" if it isnt giving the same product. If the offer is still on at my renewal, thats what I'll be doing.

If you read the fine print it says like for like, but then states that it will not include breakdown, legal etc. Bit contradictory. Lol