ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy advice - mk1

mk1 RT
ABCD0018-1.gif

myclio2.gif

myclio.gif

there you go on 195/45v15 pirellis :cool:

shame the tyres are worth more than the cars silver one is the one i have at the mo

i sold the white one after is got broken into day after it got torched :(

MK1 Clio Versailles
Unlucky about the one being torched. And yeah these wheels are gonna be close to the value of the car!!

any advice on decent alloys between £200-£300?

mk1 RT
its ok i got my £300 for the car it was the day after i sold it it was torched new owner was not too happy tho

not keen on the tsw's either but at the end of the day its you that has to put up with them daily

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
just get some clio 16v wheels, they look a million times better than that cheap nasty cr@p and you'll have money left over for something else.. i wish i didnt waate my money on my sh1tter all them years ago, after every bolt on item i still new it was utter sh1te yet the quest of w@nk bolt on parts went on..

RenaultSport 172.
here is a picture of my mk1 standard height with alloys...195/45/15.....
IMO, after alloys, lowering should be done straight away! ;)

pbpic928389.jpg

now what it looks like

DSC02037.jpg

DSC02045.jpg

why not go old skool/euro and get some turbines? keep it looking origional and smart....

Punto/Clio GTT
personally i dont like them in the ebay link and theyll look crap with 45 profiles on. myself ide get 195/50 15's as they fill the arch more and look alot better on mk1's. only got 45's if your running 16's in my opinion, but its all down to personal taste n that.

for 175 quid i picked up some wheels for my old clio brand new off ebay, crap make but nice n cheap, and then bought some renault diamond centre badges for a fiver n they looked spot on with 195 50 15 michelin exalto tyres

Renault Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2
personally i dont like them in the ebay link and theyll look crap with 45 profiles on. myself ide get 195/50 15's as they fill the arch more and look alot better on mk1's. only got 45's if your running 16's in my opinion, but its all down to personal taste n that.

for 175 quid i picked up some wheels for my old clio brand new off ebay, crap make but nice n cheap, and then bought some renault diamond centre badges for a fiver n they looked spot on with 195 50 15 michelin exalto tyres

I agree, if i were you i would keep an eye out for second hands. 195 50 will look better also. I picked mine up for £150 with nearly new tyres, it feels better to buy a bargain.

Renault Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2
Quick tip: It is best to search 'alloy wheels'. Have a good look through till you find rims that are PCD: 4x100 OFFSET: 35-40 TYRES: 195/50/15

If you search renault clio in the title you wont find as much.

Please double check with somone who has a MK1 as im not 100% on the offset

Leon Cupra R 225
here is a picture of my mk1 standard height with alloys...195/45/15.....
IMO, after alloys, lowering should be done straight away! ;)

pbpic928389.jpg

now what it looks like

DSC02037.jpg

DSC02045.jpg

why not go old skool/euro and get some turbines? keep it looking origional and smart....

what's up with that zorst in last pic? rest of it looks mint but I'd have a 3" single round pipe on that personally

MK1 Clio Versailles
The ebay links are for 195/50/15, however the Wolfrace ones, the auction seller seems to think to fit a Mk1 clio it'll cost £50 for a set of 45's.

Thanks for the auction tips Mett, I'll have a butchers now :)

Renault Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2
No worries Rob, where are you located? Do you have any pics of your car at the moment?

RenaultSport 172.
what's up with that zorst in last pic? rest of it looks mint but I'd have a 3" single round pipe on that personally

got given it off a friend, its on the piss atm, as its slipped ....something i must get done!:approve:

MK1 Clio Versailles
Quick tip: It is best to search 'alloy wheels'. Have a good look through till you find rims that are PCD: 4x100 OFFSET: 35-40 TYRES: 195/50/15

If you search renault clio in the title you wont find as much.

Please double check with somone who has a MK1 as im not 100% on the offset

Can the offset vary between 35 and 40, so 38 for example?