ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Valver Project

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing to do with me, popped up on Facebook and looked like it might be of interest as it's only £1500.

That Renault 5 Turbo engine has gottta be worth at least a grand or two on it's own

56162070_10156978076957165_8363105849995952128_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.jpg

Engine: c1j 1.4 turbo Stripped and rebuilt with new head gasket and head bolts, new piston rings, new liner seals, liners re-honed, new crank shells, polished crankshaft, new thrust washers, oil pump inspected and within tolerances, new gasket kit including sump half moons, crankshaft oil seal, camshaft oil seal, new chain and tensioner, cylinder head measurement checked at 73mm.
Engine has done 0 miles, it’s been left to idle around 30 minutes since rebuild.
Stainless steel exhaust system, standard t2 turbo in good working order, fully rebuilt carb with new gaskets including new green throttle flap seals, carb is also de choked although this can be returned to standard, aftermarket chrome/stainless carb lobster, malpassi fuel reg set to correct pressure and located in the bulkhead, reserve fuel tank delete

Transmission: Clio 16v low mileage gearbox, was informed it had a recall at Renault back in the day but can’t confirm this. Running Clio 16v driveshafts. Clutch is brand new Volvo 480 turbo clutch (Valeo green box)

Suspension: aftermarket front and rear shockers (possibly koni or avo I can’t remember) on lowering springs. Brand new wheel bearings all round. Brand new bottom ball joints mounted on a steam cleaned Clio 16v subframe

Brakes: brand new front and rear discs and pads all round. Brand new brake flexi’s all round. Brand new brake master cylinder. Brand new brake pipes throughout the car front and rear. Brand new dot 4 brake fluid and rebled for a good pedal. Brand new rear brake pad fitting kit. Brand new rear pad carriers.

Steering: brand new/refurbished manual steering rack conversion, Clio 16v track arms with new gaitors and brand new track rod ends. Manual steering column installed to match the rack (rare)

Interior: polycarbonate windows throughout minus the windscreen. Totally stripped interior, Inner door skins removed for weight, tailgate inner skin removed for weight. Signs of a previous full cage are still present (mounting plates), painted white throughout, Clio 16v top dash, Clio 16v clocks, Clio 16v oil gauges, relocated 12v battery to boot area

Body: sunroof blanked off, quick release front bumper, quick release bonnet, bonnet has had inner skin removed for weight loss, the body is really solid as I’ve tried to show in the pics, jacking points are good, the underside has been undersealed, there’s a few pics of the floor and also the rear inner arches from inside the car that I’ve included in the advert for piece of mind. Car was registered a car D in 2011 and needed a drivers wing and door (was a thread on clio16valver about it which I researched, was a low speed bump at a junction.)

Wheels: Clio 16v turbine alloys with 195/45/15 toyos. 25mm hubcentric spacers on front, 20mm hubcentric spaces on rear inc. longer bolts.

Bodywork: ok so the bodywork is in need of some tlc due to it being wrapped in the past, but included in the sale is approx 15-18metres of snowflake white 3M wrap and 3-4 metres of matt black 3M wrap

Spares: 2 boxes of wiring looms, full set of Clio 16v sidestrips, 2 rear spoilers, 1 exterior boothandle, Clio 16v front and rear seats including seat belts, rear bolt in rollcage, rollcage foam, various other parts like dash boards, engine mounts etc