ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking to go view this 182, advice?

BG 182
I've been on the hunt for a 182 over the last few weeks, as a few of you have maybe seen on my posts. There's one relatively close to me, with 66k on the clock.

He's already advised me that he doesn't know when cams/pulleys were done, and its got aftermarket alloys on, and tax is due..
He's asking for wayyy to much for it, but was thinking if I can get the price down, and get the cam done myself, then it might be worth while.

His response on ebay was

I have no record of these being done... I have a load of service bills & prev mots but nothing 2 confirm th cambelt

ebay link

I appreciate everyones feedback on here, I've learned a lot already.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
  RB 182
It's a £2k car without the belts being done and needing tax. They're 1 year away from being due for a second time!

He'll say no to £2k, as it'll be easier for him to sell it to someone who doesn't know the belts are overdue (possibly), and get full price

Many.
Missing front splitter, repainted front bumper, ruined thumb grips, wrong gearstick insert, plus needing belts and dephaser...

Get it cheap, or find a better one.

If you don't know what you're looking for, take somebody who does, can make a huge differance between buying a good one, and a bad one.

BG 182
It's a £2k car without the belts being done and needing tax. They're 1 year away from being due for a second time!

He'll say no to £2k, as it'll be easier for him to sell it to someone who doesn't know the belts are overdue (possibly), and get full price

Yeah, I thought that, so might be a wasted journey..

It may have had front end damage as the bumper has been resprayed.

Just for future reference, how can you tell, obviously its easier to see in the flesh rather than a poor quality photo

Missing front splitter, repainted front bumper, ruined thumb grips, wrong gearstick insert, plus needing belts and dephaser...

Get it cheap, or find a better one.

If you don't know what you're looking for, take somebody who does, can make a huge differance between buying a good one, and a bad one.

I'll be going with my brother in law who owned a 172, we already went to see one, that was in a bad state. I've been reading up on the forums so I know what to look for a bit better.

Appreciate everyones thoughts.

Many.
Have a search for bumper insert stickers (or similar), thats how we can tell the front bumper has been painted.

Sounds like you're doing the right things.

Good luck.

BG 182

It may have had front end damage as the bumper has been resprayed.

Just so I know I'm on the right page?

x3b7SaK.jpg

example of a typical respray

1Lc43Xf.jpg

original?

RB Clio 182
Theres much better out there for that price mate, you would get a good one for that sort of money.

Have you checked the for sale section on here?

Clio 172
Very over priced. £1400/600 all day long. Any more and you are bing robbed! Don't be put off by the front end respray though, cars get resprayed all the time to correct stone chips or minor scuffs. If you notice the stickers are missing, I would still view the car but just go in with open eyes to look for damage to cross members or crash bars! :)

my girlfriends brother picked up a182 in a similar condition to the one above but with evidence of belts for £1400 a couple of weeks ago. The car has some terrible stickers on it and some after market wheels and as a result it was a bargain price, a good wash has seen it look 10x better! So don't be worried to look last it's exterior and dig deeper to find the gem!

Jack

BG 182
Theres much better out there for that price mate, you would get a good one for that sort of money.

Have you checked the for sale section on here?

I'm checking on a daily basis, I need to to sign up as a member but will do that towards the end of the week. I'd rather look to get one off here, where people might know its history, buying a second hand car is a gamble as it is, the fact I'm looking to buy a car thats now around 9 years old increases the risk. So i'd rather pick one up thats been looked after and have the ability to keep on maintaining it.

I'm looking at either an arctic blue or black gold, so keeping an active search.

Alloys are turd aswell.

So many better ones for that money out there.

Agreed, I was going to use that as bartering point, but theres so much to barter on, but as Faxo said, he'll hold out for someone with no clue about them.

Very over priced. £1400/600 all day long. Any more and you are bing robbed! Don't be put off by the front end respray though, cars get resprayed all the time to correct stone chips or minor scuffs. If you notice the stickers are missing, I would still view the car but just go in with open eyes to look for damage to cross members or crash bars! :)

my girlfriends brother picked up a182 in a similar condition to the one above but with evidence of belts for £1400 a couple of weeks ago. The car has some terrible stickers on it and some after market wheels and as a result it was a bargain price, a good wash has seen it look 10x better! So don't be worried to look last it's exterior and dig deeper to find the gem!

Jack

Thanks, It's about a 30 minute drive so I still might go see it.

BG 182
Keeping an eye out on PH etc, only decent ones with cams done etc, seem to be silver.. Ideally would love a black gold or arctic blue colour!

RB Clio 182
Keeping an eye out on PH etc, only decent ones with cams done etc, seem to be silver.. Ideally would love a black gold or arctic blue colour!

These are the two colours i was torn between mate, the only colour i wasnt interested in was silver, but i have grown to love it as one of my favorites..

8349205385_b5223e78c3_z.jpg

182gw.jpg

BG 182
These are the two colours i was torn between mate, the only colour i wasnt interested in was silver, but i have grown to love it as one of my favorites..
<snip>

Ahh, now you see, these kind of photos do it justice!

Silver is underestimated IMO. Titanium silver is so glittery in the sun.

titanium is a stunning colour.

I think its just because I'm so used to seeing clio campus 1.2 floating around in a similar shade. I suppose the fairest thing to do is go and see one :)

Clio 182
Mine is standard Full Fat. I do need a front splitter and would like it a bit lower with different wheels.
20140413_193628_zpsoksbd5qk.jpg

20140413_193643_zpscrlwjhp_edit_1398017342495_zpsje63yndl.jpg

Was looking for a blue one but this was the cleanest one I see.

8349205385_b5223e78c3_z.jpg

182gw.jpg

Both of those looks great (not sure if it's the same car?) the last pic though!! :clap:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
As standard IMO the silver looks the most meh! With a few nice touches as above and it comes into its own

Some good ones appearing in the classifieds on here at the moment [mention=102396]hsdn555[/mention]. Can't stress how much it's worth holding out! It's always the way that you don't see anything you like or within 200 miles for a month, get impatient, buy a car, then a fortnight later 3 epic bargains come up at once.

Face value this looks ideal: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...FF-W-Replica-Trophy-Spoiler-71500-miles-£2800

Full fat Black Gold
Recent belts, dephaser, clutch
Choice of standard cup alloys or TD Pro race alloys, Trophy spoiler & stainless exhaust

I'd put an ONO in first but ultimately I'd pay the £2800 asking price all day long. If the wheels aren't your thing or you want to reduce the outlay even more then PX them with owner (or on here in classifieds) for standard wheels + £200 your way and you're laughing!

BG 182
My dollar would be going here

Mine doesnt quite stretch to that right now, however I'm due to start a new job in the next month or so, so tempted to hold out.

Some good ones appearing in the classifieds on here at the moment @hsdn555. Can't stress how much it's worth holding out! It's always the way that you don't see anything you like or within 200 miles for a month, get impatient, buy a car, then a fortnight later 3 epic bargains come up at once.

Face value this looks ideal: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...FF-W-Replica-Trophy-Spoiler-71500-miles-£2800

Full fat Black Gold
Recent belts, dephaser, clutch
Choice of standard cup alloys or TD Pro race alloys, Trophy spoiler & stainless exhaust

I'd put an ONO in first but ultimately I'd pay the £2800 asking price all day long. If the wheels aren't your thing or you want to reduce the outlay even more then PX them with owner (or on here in classifieds) for standard wheels + £200 your way and you're laughing!

Yeah, I did see that posted up, it looks a pretty good deal in all honesty. Value your advice about not just diving in on the first one you see. Its been five years since I last bought a car, I'm no longer a student etc, so have the facility to actually get what I want as opposed to making do (within reason of course!)