ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy Cleaning

Clio 172 Cup (stage 1)
Im looking for the best alloy wheel cleaning material, as had a sticky calliper causing heat to the wheel, cooking the brake dust and my wheel is not as clean as i would like it,,, is there any really good alloy cleaner i could use....the bad wheel takes the look off my 172 cup

Chocolate Bar™
as in the dishes works well, but is strong stuff so not great for using frequently.

ill be using auto glym machine and engine cleaner on mine, but they dont ever get that dirty

PH1_172
i use cold water then get a dishes sponge the one with a slightly rough scrubby side then use some meguires undiluted shampoo rise with cold water then use autoglym super resign polish and a coat of mr. sheen this helps to stop the brake dust from settling and easy to wipe clean, so the next time you come to clean them they should be alot easier

Integra Type-R
Nope, use Autoglym wheels cleaner, its excellent stuff and is not bad for your wheels over time like so many other products on the market. Especially good for wheels with a laquered finish.

Autoglym Engine and Machine cleaner is a good alternative cleaner.

Wonder wheels is super strong, avoid if you can and if you do use, dilute it to f**k lol. It melted my Mum and Dads drive last time I used it (3 years ago), ended up pouring the bottle down the drain lol.

106 GTi
Autoglym Engine and Machine Cleaner or Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner here.

Polish and seal after and then you will just need soap and water for future cleans.

R26r R26
I bought new wheels for my PH QUICK six months ago and already the evil brake dust has started to eat its way into my alloys.(and I clean them every week)Anyone got any suggestions?

106 GTi
Need to get some wax/sealant on there to protect them, something like Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection is a good choice.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I use hot water and fairy liquid.If you do them often enough you dont need to spend daft money on aftermarket bollox

ian

182cup & 172 racecar
i use cold water then get a dishes sponge the one with a slightly rough scrubby side then use some meguires undiluted shampoo rise with cold water then use autoglym super resign polish and a coat of mr. sheen this helps to stop the brake dust from settling and easy to wipe clean, so the next time you come to clean them they should be alot easier
Sounds like you ought to get out more:D

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Yeah my dad gets loads of that stuff... it is handy, cleans your car well, thats what i use on my car at the mo... but still a bit of a fag when you use it on the wheels as it dont get everything off..

172 gone :( 197 now :)
Ive found Meguiars hot wheels much better than autoglym engine and machine cleaner. Also try meguiars paint cleaner part 1 of the 3 step treatment for your paint on your wheels its wicked for brightening them up.