ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy Refurb - Bristol

Alien Green 200
My front two alloys have been curbed...one my fault...the other an incident with an ambulance down a one way street with cars parked so no choice but to mount the curb.

Anyone know anywhere in Bristol who do decent alloy refurbs and a rough price?

182 Cup
I used Dk cars and bikes in Fishponds last year to refurb the wheels on my 182 cup to the standard anthracite colour. There hasn't been any degradation to the finish since so no complaints so far!

Charged about £50 a wheel i think.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I used Dk cars and bikes in Fishponds last year to refurb the wheels on my 182 cup to the standard anthracite colour. There hasn't been any degradation to the finish since so no complaints so far!

Charged about £50 a wheel i think.
The man is amazing at his job. I wouldn't let anyone else paint my cars!!

Sadly though he's packed it all in and now works for us at BMW.

We use 'Phoenix alloys' at our place now though. Acid dip, shot blast, powder coat, paint and lacquer. Best in the business IMO!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'll contact them for a quote :)

Thanks
They're superb. They do all of our wheels. From bog standard guff to diamond cut 20's.
Price includes tyre removal/refit and balancing and new valves too.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
They've just dropped off 40 wheels so I'll grab a few pics of their work this afternoon.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
40 wheels? Bloody hell..
Yeah none of our cars, Porsche mini or BMW, are allowed ANY marks on them when the go up for sale. Considering just at BMW, we sell 120 cars a month, we get a lot done by them!
It's cheaper for us to use them than it is for our own bodyshop to refurb them! Lol

Alien Green 200
It was £60 per tyre or £216 for all of them. Including VAT.

I'm only getting the two damaged ones done as my rear two are pretty much perfect.

Alien Green 200
What are they charging out of interest? They doing them all or just two?
This is including a pick up/drop off service. The only downside is they have to have my car for three days. But if the jobs good, its worth it :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
It was £60 per tyre or £216 for all of them. Including VAT.
I'm only getting the two damaged ones done as my rear two are pretty much perfect.
This is including a pick up/drop off service. The only downside is they have to have my car for three days. But if the jobs good, its worth it :smile:

That's a good price tbh! You can tell you're female though. Per tyre? lol

Alien Green 200
Ended up getting all four done.

Before:
5770d39516defa799cbf5e0993936a33.jpg
ded1c9ec714e19753f305f19dcfd5c81.jpg

After:
db3d515d9fbfb06523f74e17372a07bc.jpg
9d72458971afa06f99f184d2c7c58aab.jpg

Next up...to sort my callipers. They're embarrassingly poor.