ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy Repair?

Clio 182
Does anyone think i can get this repaired? Are there any touch up sticks for this type of wheel?
IMG_0221.jpg

106 GTi
There is no touch up available from Renault, but go to your local paint supplier and get a small pot made up, brush paint it on with a artists paint brush and use the same technique.

Ixell paint colour code is 205-110

Ideally after touching up the damage as above you should then wet sand the painted area after the paint has cured and polish.

Or if you can get some made up in a can you can DIY repair it your self, using this guide

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=30

Other wise its a job for chips away if you dont want to DIY

Lionel Richie
unless you have £30K's worth of powder coating equipment, it won't be any use to you

we've had the Ixcel 205-110 made into a powdercoat

Fred2001Dynamic said:
unless you have £30K's worth of powder coating equipment, it won't be any use to you

Hmmmmm at least I now know where to come when the kerbs catch up with me;)

106 GTi
Fred2001Dynamic said:

How does it look next to a factory finish wheel when applied - would getting one wheel done look out of place?

Cheers

Lionel Richie
r-jay, thats what we're testing at the moment, it HAS to be 100% perfect IMO, so i'll let you all know and post pictures when i have the finished wheel

(i might even offer a prize to the person who can guess which one is refurbed!!!)