ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy wheel cleaner

Anyone know what the best stuff to use to clean your alloys?

I used to use wonder wheels but it messed my old alloys up big time!

just i dont wana wreck my nice new cup wheels!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Give your wheels a good waxing now and again and they wont need Wonder Wheels stuff. I have never had to use anything like that on mine as I polish them and any dirt washes off easily.

meguirs is good but i think its a strong acid or something cos it nearly killed my drive last time i used it, and it makes your eyes sting... but then everything that works well kills you doesnt it.. aspestos brakes etc.

ff 182

Try comma well i think thats wot its called they used to sell it in halfords until i ran out and went to get some the other day?

I use the Reanult Formula 1 spray one week then Wonder Wheels the next. I use a paint brush with the Wonder Wheels though that little brush they supply makes it harder work. The wheels always look alot brighter after the Wonder Wheels though.

Every couple of months I take the wheels off and clean the back of them as well that also helps.

The Zymol stuff is ok as long as your wheels dont get too mucky between cleaning otherwise you need to use something stronger like Wonder wheels - it seems to be ok on my standard renault alloys, but I have seen it wreck other wheels before.

But (as GirlRacer says) the best thing you can do is wax them - then all you need is water and a sponge to wipe the dust off.

If you have any really mucky bits on the wheel where its started to go yellow and nothing above will clean it then I find Halfords brake cleaner works well.