ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy Wheel Refurbishment

TT 225

Okay, after some fcukin muppet Ruining my 17" OZs on a refurb job, I need phone numbers of other refurb places to get second opinions. Doesnt matter where in the UK they are, I just need some telephone numbers

If anyone could help that would be great. I would look in the back of Max etc. but atm im stuck in the office and dont have any mags hiding on my desk!

Thanks you lot :)

Kelly

Lionel Richie

Ive just havd My OZ Superleggeras done by a company in Birmingham called VIP, ill get the number for you later (£25 per wheel) They chemically strip the wheel back to bare metal then powder coat it. I got a metalic lacquer added to mine, they look 10X better than the original anracite colour and for the price, i cant argue, brilliant job, well happy (they can do pretty much any colour)

TT 225

If you could get that number Fred2001, that would be brilliant, we wanted an anthracite colour done on the Super Ts, but they (as my above message) fooked them up big time, so we need them made lookin nice again, and a report from the alloy place to say how crap they are...

Thanks for the help and to you too Mat! :)

YEAH!!!

i need some 20 yr old aloys refurbed!

and 25 quid a pop is a great price, most want 40 at least.

Iwant to get my standard rims reconditioned my local tyre place told me 35squid and they have to send them away for a few days.... are all wheels done the same what are the different ways of doing it for that money im not just expecting silver spray paint..................

Thers aspot in cumbria you can try cart remember the name but trythis number 01228711897 got mine dun of them and they came back ok

hopethis helps daley

TT 225

Brun, we had the 17s off the Astra, and asked for Anthracite but keeping the silver rim (kinda like BMW alloys)

Except the anthracite just about covers the spokes. They didnt do the whole wheel, just the outside rim, and the anthracite just kinda blurs into the silver, it doesnt have an edge, its just a wavy line... hard to explain, but we took lots of pictures last night so I will send you a couple e-mail and you can see :s

TT 225

Yea sure?? I thought my other half had sent them?

Typical bloke, lol. Will do it myself tonight :)

if you ring Chips Away on this number (01562 825599) they will give you the number for the local agent who does the wheel refurbishment - they were very helpful when I rang them about an agent in Essex, but I have not personally used them or know anybody who has - just a helpful number for you.

Skoda Fabia vRS

nah not received anythin Kel

since im now N/W Rep you can send em to mailto:brun@cliosport.net">brun@cliosport.net :D

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by kis172 on 24 September 2002

if you ring Chips Away on this number (01562 825599) they will give you the number for the local agent who does the wheel refurbishment - they were very helpful when I rang them about an agent in Essex, but I have not personally used them or know anybody who has - just a helpful number for you.

Clio v6

oops new gadgets etc... anyways thanks kis. I used chips away yesterday. he did a good job on small marks on my wheels but wouldnt attempt anything greater. So one of my wheels is looking for a full refurb.

Chips away erect a hugh great marque tent around your car and it looks like a fish stall on da seafront lol.

He charges about £60 for 1 wheel but about £40 for 3 or more.

Thanks again for the contact kis.:D