ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloys

Black/Gold 182!
Mine are in a proper state, need a good cleaning to freshen them up,

what products you use and the main things for getting the dirt off in the first place??

guesty said:
Mine are in a proper state, need a good cleaning to freshen them up,

what products you use and the main things for getting the dirt off in the first place??

water?

Black/Gold 182!
Just knew youd say something like that, i expect you round mine 2mrw with your bucket of water. You can try the bitches.

Black/Gold 182!
Cool Cool. nt bad.

Any advice then people.

Il post some pics up 2mrw of how bad they are.

Chocolate Bar™
i did my wheels today and they were bad! especially as they're white.

i took the wheels off the car, and used traditional shampoo in water (heavily concentration) to soak the wheels for a few mins. then i sprayed on some auto glym clean wheels and allowed it to soak for a few seconds. then i brushed them in with a little toothbrush in all the nooks and crannies.

still had a few spots remaining, so used a steam cleaner to soften them, before re-going with some more clean wheels. luckily this got them clean, so i used a white polish on them, and then waxed them.

tomorrow i'll rinse them down and clean them again, then give them another coat of wax and two coats of auto glym sealant.

arent i sad :rasp:

Middo said:
i did my wheels today and they were bad! especially as they're white.

i took the wheels off the car, and used traditional shampoo in water (heavily concentration) to soak the wheels for a few mins. then i sprayed on some auto glym clean wheels and allowed it to soak for a few seconds. then i brushed them in with a little toothbrush in all the nooks and crannies.

still had a few spots remaining, so used a steam cleaner to soften them, before re-going with some more clean wheels. luckily this got them clean, so i used a white polish on them, and then waxed them.

tomorrow i'll rinse them down and clean them again, then give them another coat of wax and two coats of auto glym sealant.

arent i sad :rasp:

no ......................gr8 work

Chocolate Bar™
lmao, in fairness it only took around 2 hours to do all the wheels. but it was just a matter of getting the wheels into a clean state, so that they can easily be maintained on the car, as they've pi$$ed me off for ages.

Middo said:
lmao, in fairness it only took around 2 hours to do all the wheels. but it was just a matter of getting the wheels into a clean state, so that they can easily be maintained on the car, as they've pi$$ed me off for ages.

not 4 the fcs then .....................lol

Chocolate Bar™
nah mate, after the trip they'll be filthy anyway so cant really see the point lol

it should hopefully be sitting in the bodyshop all next week so shouldnt get too dirty :)

Black/Gold 182!
Yea need to get mine back to a good standard, never waxed em before.

Shoudl be easier when done

Black/Gold 182!
Havny used wax before, heard people say theyv used it befor, just wondered what they had actually put on in the end.

106 GTi
I just use AG SRP and EGP on wheels.

IMG_9867.jpg

Black/Gold 182!
Had a good go with me wheels tonight, used AG engine cleaner and AG Wheel Cleaner, then coated it with AG Super Resin and AG EGP.

Come up trumps, will prob do them once again before FCS, cheers for the advice guys.

106 GTi
Nice one, build up the layers of EGP on them now, and you will just need car shampoo to wash and look after them.