ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

almost 200 brake on the rollers!

V6 Exige, GTR R35
car was on the rollers the other night.....

after the problems ive had the figures are slighlty lower than i expected but its better than standard! got a few fueling problems im gonna get sorted up here at dastek in scotland, running slightly rich and lean over the rev range at certain points which im told they can iron out and maybe gain a couple of extra horses and flatten out the torque curve.

any comments welcome.

Last edited:
  Nippy white cup
? What mods have you got....that seems really high. Torque seems about spot on but bhp see high. I guess youve got a fair bit done to it?

chris

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Poor torque...only 3 more than me... But BHP is decent, yours really comes on later in the RPM range.

Massive torque dip at 7k tho :S

Glad to see the beast bak tho!

ST
Sounds quick old son, you'll need to take me out in it!!

Alistair.....yozza-decat, remap and you'll be mine son!!

V6 Exige, GTR R35
Alan said:
Sounds quick old son, you'll need to take me out in it!!

Alistair.....yozza-decat, remap and you'll be mine son!!

im sure this can be arranged al!

just good to have the car back, the passion for it has been lost - and now buying a new house instead.... :)

cliosport house warming party coming up soon....

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ The brothel!!! Oh yes!!!! No 42yr old this time stoddie!!! Esp nail biting hoes!

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
whys sperm always yellow ?

nice readout, hopefully will be better once its all smoothed out :)

Ph1
Stoodie what piggy back are you using ??

I went to Dastek coming on 2 years back and they couldnt map my car (obviously never told me this) cos they didnt know what to do so tried to cover it up by blaming it on the car running lean and them needing to by-pass the fuel regulator !! They wanted another 150 notes on top of the price of the Dastek for sorting my non existant problem !!

2 weeks later i took the car to be rolling roaded at a well known scottish Vag tuner and the car was found to be running spot on !!

There were also wires coming out the ecu which were found at a later date which all indicated they'd tried and failed.

Why couldnt they just a told me they couldnt do it? f**king conning b******s !!!

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
Andyman said:
2 weeks later i took the car to be rolling roaded at a well known scottish Vag tuner and the car was found to be running spot on !!

star performance by any chance ?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Andyman said:
Stoodie what piggy back are you using ??

I went to Dastek coming on 2 years back and they couldnt map my car (obviously never told me this) cos they didnt know what to do so tried to cover it up by blaming it on the car running lean and them needing to by-pass the fuel regulator !! They wanted another 150 notes on top of the price of the Dastek for sorting my non existant problem !!

There were also wires coming out the ecu which were found at a later date which all indicated they'd tried and failed.

Why couldnt they just a told me they couldnt do it? f**king conning b******s !!!

He runs an OMEX 600..

Dastek...meh....The RR is spot on the gear is not.

V6 Exige, GTR R35
ive heard a few things about star performance though too.... somehow they manage to magic figures up from nowhere.....

Ph1
Not sure about Star Performance but it only got RR there to check the fueling/AFR and not to get a mega BHP power run.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
stoddie said:
ive heard a few things about star performance though too.... somehow they manage to magic figures up from nowhere.....

Word of mouth is offen slander. A star performance Ibiza passed me like i'd stopped.

Magicing up figures seems to be quite common amongst tuning companys. LAD are a classic! lol

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
yeah lad are bad. i havent come accross anything bad with star before. infact ive driven an ibiza that was chipped there to add to the zorst + i/k. 204bhp and boy did it go. decided on the clio instead for the fun factor

V6 Exige, GTR R35
Ali said:
Word of mouth is offen slander. A star performance Ibiza passed me like i'd stopped.

Magicing up figures seems to be quite common amongst tuning companys. LAD are a classic! lol

slander rocks....

plenty of it on here! :)

Ph1
LAD have a bad reputation ( a lot spread through word of mouth) but out of interest has anyone seen a LAD Clio in action? no broken down jokes lol

Dont think ive ever taken a car to any garage and had everything sorted 1st time or to my complete satisfaction. Mind you, everything you buy these days is the same !!

muz

big fat japanese bus
glad you have it back mate I really hope you get it finally sorted mate

Oh yes piss up at atoddies new gaff!!!

V6 Exige, GTR R35
Andyman said:
LAD have a bad reputation ( a lot spread through word of mouth) but out of interest has anyone seen a LAD Clio in action? no broken down jokes lol

Dont think ive ever taken a car to any garage and had everything sorted 1st time or to my complete satisfaction. Mind you, everything you buy these days is the same !!

i know what youre saying mate - my car was up and down the road 4 times to gdi. im not gonna even go into it to be honest, i get so mad even when i think about it.... i still dont think its running right and after all thats been done i think it should be pushing out more than its doing. however all passion has been lost, i cant rely on it anymore and have completley lost intrest.

if i could do it all again id leave it as standard and buy another car with the money i spent, which was easily another 172.

a lesson well learnt i'd say!

Ph1
stoddie said:
i know what youre saying mate - my car was up and down the road 4 times to gdi. im not gonna even go into it to be honest, i get so mad even when i think about it.... i still dont think its running right and after all thats been done i think it should be pushing out more than its doing. however all passion has been lost, i cant rely on it anymore and have completley lost intrest.

if i could do it all again id leave it as standard and buy another car with the money i spent, which was easily another 172.

a lesson well learnt i'd say!

Ive been so close to giving up on mine myself too and am like you kinda wondering if i did the right thing tuning the engine considering the money spent.

With mine it seems everytime i get one problem sorted another one crops up. i have a list as long as my arm of the jobs i want doing to it to make it in a perfect state

Thing is tho with all the hassle i still love the car to bits, it puts a smile on my face everytime i drive it, well, just about haha and there isnt any other hot hatches out there that can match its fun factor not to mention its amazing MPG per performance :)

V6 Exige, GTR R35
Andyman said:
Ive been so close to giving up on mine myself too and am like you kinda wondering if i did the right thing tuning the engine considering the money spent.

With mine it seems everytime i get one problem sorted another one crops up. i have a list as long as my arm of the jobs i want doing to it to make it in a perfect state

Thing is tho with all the hassle i still love the car to bits, it puts a smile on my face everytime i drive it, well, just about haha and there isnt any other hot hatches out there that can match its fun factor not to mention its amazing MPG per performance :)

wil just take me time until i can rely on it again!

dont get me wrong ive had some fine wee blasts, the fun is still there...

Lionel Richie
yeah Yoz raced a LAD cup a few years back, Yoz had R-sport, supersprint and Viper

Yoz won 3 out of 3 times by a fair distance

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
FredYozzasport said:
so at wallace you did 200?? and Ali did 186??

sounds about right

Mine would run more on a cooler day. 41deg inlet temp! compared to 27 in january.

stoddie said:
nope, it did 190 at falkland performance

214 at gdi?

and 200 at wallace performance

so mine 205bhp at gdi............

must get mine RR'd, lol.

Anyone know any good ones in Midlands?

Lionel Richie
MarkM said:
so mine 205bhp at gdi............

must get mine RR'd, lol.

Anyone know any good ones in Midlands?

yes, Weston Performance in Solihull (Shirley, Monkspath) ask for Greg, tell him you know Fred

brand spanking Dyno Dynamics RR!! I'm going to a RR day there with the RTOC boys on the 8th if you fancy it

http://www.westonperformance.com/

Clio v6
I wasn't so fortunate as you guys. Mine made a lot less at GDI. 297 then 304. Since I've taken it to other places its made 312 and recently a whopping 329.

Not that I'm complaining as knowing my car now has a few more bhp than what GDI says, I have had about half an hours more sleep at night and my skin complexion has improved beyond belief as a direct result.