ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 200T

Clio 200
Well seeing as though i didn't do a dedicated project thread for my old car i thought i would take the time to do one for my new car.

Collected the car on the 1st at 9am. Was nice to see it parked pride of place at the front of the dealership waiting for my arrival

Half hour or so later when all the paperwork was sorted i got a good overview of the controls and i set off home

1st impression are very good. had a steady drive back to Leicester and had a few opportunities to make use of the torque from the turbo on the A47 when the crawler lanes opened up and i was stuck behind the Sunday drivers. The way is delivers torque is great and the parps on up-shifts nice too

Just been out again in the car again and i had 3 comments in the fuel station, which was nice

Brakes are very positive and they do give you a good amount of stopping power. I dont know what they will be like on track against the 330mm that i had on the old car but im sure im will find out.......until Alcon sort the 356mm 6-pots

Now the gearbox......I like it. Yes its different from what we are all used to but as far as the shift speeds are concerned no problem at all. just been up the dual carriageway at XYZ speed in 6th and it dropped to 5th, then to 4th with no issues at all.

Tried the launch control once and i can definitely believe the 6.7 0-60 time

The R-Link system takes a bit of getting used to but im sure i will pick that up along the way
'
I'm not going to go all geeky like some kind of motoring journo but all i can say is that I'm glad i bought it. Yes i could have had a Fiesta ST but in all fairness i didn't want 1. I seen 3 on the way home last night and on that fact alone I'm more than happy i have what i have.

I have swapped over the standard air filter already for the K-Tec hi flow version......couldn't resist a little mod as a welcome gift

Here are a couple of pics of how it stands at the moment - It has had its roof wrapped in Hexis black gloss and was also protected for the winter yesterday

Plate is now on too
2ue4npx.png

2v17uwi.png

Car is off to corpion in novemeber to be used for devolping a new exhaust for it. Or if i cant wait il see what K-tec's system sounds like

Along with eagerly awaiting the new eibach spring kit for it

Thanks for reading

Last edited:
  RenaultSport 172
Looks very nice :)
I hated the new clio when I first saw it but its already grown on me big time

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks lovely, can't wait to have a go of one of these, just need to get my name down at the local dealers after I've taken the 1.5dci Dynamique out for a spin.

I've seen quite a few normal Clios about and a few STs but no Clio 200T.

Thought about a remap? The Nissan Juke remaps to around 230bhp so I'm guessing these will be the same (having the same engine). Should be a bit more with a filter and exhaust maybe?

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks nice shame you cant get the cup spoiler and roof scoop on the road car yet :approve: we might have one then.
2014cliocup3_zps905fc13f.jpg

Clio 200
Well if BTM wants to make an exhaust and leave it on the car for free (as a way of thanks for the loan of the development car) like Scorpion are doing then im sure i may be pursuaded

:)

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
It's grown on me a lot now but I am still a bit unsure I think it needs a few little mods wish you could get a cup spoiler. I hope you've take Fred up on his offer I'd be driving it to him right away if it was my car i think these will sound epic with a exhaust.

O nice colour it's nice not to see one in white or yellow.

Clio RS200 GW
Its nice but what are the hidden issues yet to emerge like the gearbox, steering rack etc like in the 200 time will tell. But overall you have a lovely car but me personally will not be buying one there are better cars in the market place for that price bracket but i like the white and black.

ff cup ur 200
one of these could be a tempting option in 18 months time if all the negative press has a knock on effect on prices, could even be a cheaper option than an st of comparable age which would would defo even things up between the two of them, nice car fella, enjoy.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I think it looks epic. I'm definitely going to be putting myself in one of these in two years time.

Boring I know but have you done enough miles to give an average on the mpg yet?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Looks brilliant that does!

Good work on the plate, RUK may come knocking with a pretty penny!

Clio 200
It was a split decision to buy the plate. the other half pushed me into it

As for what the press have said about the car. i have no issues at all with the gearbox. it does its own thing in auto mode of which im happy with but in race mode it does what i say. The multiple downshifts are good too. its not shy about hitting 2nd at 6000rpm

I know it needs to bge lowered, i know it needs a louder exhaust and i will be putting some silver 18" OZ Ultraleggeras on it

Apart from that im happy

coming from my old 200 that was pretty much set up for track this is still quicker although its not as raw but as an everyday car i think its ticks more boxes

i like things that are different. thats why i didnt get an ST