ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aloha, Final Checks? Paid To Much Or Not?

ClioSport 172 (2003)
Good Morning Peeps.

Brand new noobie hear so handle with care :). Ive recently put a deposit down on a ClioSport 172 (Part exchanged my old beema) and im picking it up on friday. Ive always wanted a 172/182 and after a list of ongoing problems with the beems I found a 2003/52 plate silver 172 for sale at a nearby well known garage. The car has 72k Miles, a FSH, and a recent cambelt change done to it. It comes with 6 months tax and 12 months MOT.

I carried out the usual checks on the car, normal signs of wear for a vehicle of this age, the test drive really sealed the deal to be fair though. A couple of niggles on the car which the garage are sorting befor ei pick it up. I got it for £2800 in the end. I know the book figure is a little bit higher than this but just wanted to ask if anybody had any last minute advice, comments on the value etc etc.

Really looking forward to picking it up now, glad ive found this website as its been extremley usefull. Cant wait to become an offical memebr and get some pics up.

Thanks all.

P.S any guys on here from south wales?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If you're happy with it mate that's all that matters.

you got it from a dealer so of course you're going to pay more. No big deal. Still 3k for one is a lot of bang for your buck espeically with the piece of mind belts being done.

I'm guessing it'll come with warranty?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
No such thing as a ClioSport, FYI. That's a pet hate of mine. :eek: It's a Renaultsport 172.

Seems a decent price you paid if it's tidy though.

When you've joined, theres a dedicated forum for South Wales members. They have regular meetings, too.

Welcome.

ClioSport 172 (2003)
Yeah the standard warranty with them is 60 days. Theyve mentioned i can pay extra for a years warranty through RAC. Sounded like a rip off to be fair for what you actually get for your money. Something like £320 for the year, max indemnity per claim was £1000! The 60 days one will do :)

ClioSport 172 (2003)
My apologies Chris! lol. Thanks too.

Yeh i had a look over the paperwork for the belt and the service history and it all was cosha

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Welcome along mate, as Gally says if your happy, ideal.

The main problem we have on here is everyone expects everything for nothing.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The belt kit comes with everything. Idlers too. Everything.

If a proper kit was used, and it was fitted using the three locking tools, it's fine.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
No such thing as a ClioSport, FYI. That's a pet hate of mine. :eek: It's a Renaultsport 172.

Seems a decent price you paid if it's tidy though.

When you've joined, theres a dedicated forum for South Wales members. They have regular meetings, too.

Welcome.
Is it not a Clio RenaultSport 172?

Anyway, price seems good to me, enjoy it!

ClioSport 172 (2003)
Yeh thats what i meant Vesta haha. Cheers bro. Just waiting for friday to come now, longest week of my life

Jap Box
Clio sport is basically a PH1 with PH2 interior and a sport badge stuck under clio with an "S" on the sidestrip, its like a mish mash from a parts bin for everyone argueing.

Anyway, congrats :) there is a Wales meeting forum, which is pretty good (even though ive missed all of the meets :rasp:) and theres quite a few from Cardiff :)