ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine CDA-7893R or Sony CDX-MP70

Has anyone got/tried either of these units? Both are MP3 players and have similar specs.

I think my ultimate decision will come down to the most easily compatible with the steering wheel remote and display.

From reading other posts, the Sony will interface with both via an Autoleads adaptor, and the Alpine can work with the remote only via an adaptor.

Is this correct? Any help in choosing is much appreciated.

BTW, Ive found the Sony for £299.99 and the Alpine for £269.99.

Cheers, Andy.

I think your right in that he Sony is much easier to connect to the display and remote. But having listerned to Alpine and Sony gear i would say deffinetly get the Alpine, the sound quality really is superior to just about every other make IMHO.

Ive got an Alpine 7876RB and Im well impressed with it, Ive done a direct comparison to my Naim Audio CD Player, and in the car the Alpine doesnt sound that much worse, I was expecting it to sound awful in comparison.

Cheers, Simon.

Thanks Simon. I think Ill go with the Alpine. The Sony looks a bit too flashy for my liking (although the tray for the CD is quite trick).

Ill check them both out still but SQ is what Im interested in. Ill get the Alpine remote and live w/o the display.

Another quick point, have you any luck in getting the original multichanger (Alpine again I believe) to work with your new head unit?