ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Great news for alpine/ipod owners

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

ALPINE ANNOUNCES AUTUMN RELEASE FOR INTERFACE ADAPTER THAT ENABLES iPOD CONTROL AND PLAYBACK FROM IN-VEHICLE SOUND SYSTEMS

Coventry, 19 July 2004 Alpine Electronics of UK Ltd and Alpine Electronics, Inc., the industry-leading manufacturer of high performance mobile electronics, will ship in late September its highly anticipated interface adapter that enables consumers to control and enjoy their iPod music library from their in-vehicle sound system. The Alpine Interface Adapter for iPod (model KCA-420i) enables users to experience superior sound tuning and control of their iPod music using any of Alpines 2004 Ai-Net in-dash head units. The KCA-420i will be available from Authorized Alpine dealers for £69.90.

"Consumer interest in our Interface Adapter for iPod has been phenomenal," said Graham Johnson, Sales & Marketing Director of Alpine Electronics of UK Ltd. "There is clearly an eager market of users who want a better sounding and easier to use solution for enjoying their iPod music in the car. This is the in-vehicle solution iPod users have been waiting for."

Alpines Interface Adapter for iPod enables users to access the in-dash receivers exclusive Bass Engine™ technologies to experience better sound quality and control of their digital music files in the car. The solution allows users to control iPod playback using the head units front panel buttons or remote; view song information (artist, album and/or song name) on the display; and easily find tracks through the receivers Quick Search™ interface. Alpine’s exclusive MediaXpander™ technology restores lost detail to compressed digital media, bringing essence and life back to the music as the artist had originally intended.

The Alpine Interface Adapter for iPod is a hide-away design and can be installed anywhere in the vehicle - under a seat, in the glove box or behind the dash. A single cable connects the adapter to the Alpine head unit, while a second cable connects the adapter to the iPod through the iPod dock connector. When the vehicle is on, the Interface Adapter also charges the iPods internal battery.

Pricing and Availability

The Alpine Interface Adapter for iPod carries a price of £69.90 and is compatible with any iPod mini or updated iPod with a dock connector. Alpines 2004 Ai-Net head units, sold separately, are available through authorized dealers starting at £349.90. iPod mini and iPod, sold separately, are available through the Apple Store (www.apple.com/euro), Apples retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers. iPod mini is available for a suggested retail price of £179. iPod retails for a suggested price of £249 - £399, depending on model.

About Alpine Electronics

Alpine Electronics is the world’s leading automotive consumer electronics system supplier and an ISO certified corporation. Alpine specializes in an integrated platform concept for mobile multimedia with premium components for digital audio/video media playback, digital broadcast reception, and satellite linked navigation. With research and development facilities in Asia, Europe and the U.S., Alpine is the global leader for mobile sound systems and in-vehicle navigation for both after-market and OEM factory installations. Alpine Electronics is a consolidated subsidiary of Alps Electric Co., Ltd., one of the world’s premier manufacturers of electronic components for computer, communications and car electronics equipment. Visit http://www.alpine-europe.com/face=Arial color=#0000ff Uwww.alpine-europe.com/U to learn more about Alpine products or to find an authorized retailer.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Ive just ordered a new 40gb iPod, seeing as the new ones were launched yesterday with longer battery life and lower purchase costs.

Might strongly consider a new HU with adaptor now.

Revels Mum & Sister

I have a Alpine in mine at the moment. As my Nakamichi is back for repair AGAIN!!!

Might well have to buy the adaptor

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Is the Display/Stalk an Alpine accessory or someone elses?

Any ideas on the cost of that Tom?

Soo were looking at:-

9833 - £319
iPod Link - £70
Stalk/Display - £??

ClioSport 182

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 20 July 2004

£70. its an alpine part kce-940

not ready yet
Hi Tom, Do you also know the Alpine part number which currently gets the stalk working with Alpine HUs. I was told by my dealer (audio dealer!) that I needed:

- INT KC840B (Interface)

- KWE 845E (Lead)

However, the dealer did seem to be scratching his head alot and a little too much of the umming and arrring.

Thx,

KnightAzul

Laguna

Quote: Originally posted by KnightAzul on 20 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 20 July 2004

£70. its an alpine part kce-940

not ready yet
Hi Tom, Do you also know the Alpine part number which currently gets the stalk working with Alpine HUs. I was told by my dealer (audio dealer!) that I needed:

- INT KC840B (Interface)

- KWE 845E (Lead)

However, the dealer did seem to be scratching his head alot and a little too much of the umming and arrring.

Thx,

KnightAzul
Also the display doesnt actually work as the cables clip into the red connector on the display module for the stalk control. But doesnt actually display, but you have listed the correct parts, as thats what I have. But it does work really well.

ClioSport 182

clio172boy, I take it when you say that the display doesnt work you mean that none of the ICE related information is displayed. That I can live with. However, I have a nagging doubt, fueled by your post, that I will also lose the time/temp?? Did you mean this?

KnightAzul