ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ALPINE CDA-9853R stalk & display adapters.

Clio200 EDC Lux
Good old santa brought me the Apline CDA-9853R headunit, I am looking for the correct leads the will make the stalk controls work and also display the info on the dash display.

Found these leads:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...d=3481&cadid=db4707a7f60329ea12c9691d8a705228

and

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...d=3474&cadid=4c45bd28f709409f1b87074a5204f0f1

Can someone confirm these are the right leads, and they do work correctly eg display the HU information on the clio display correctly and that the steering wheel control operates the HU ok.

Also if poss can someone post pic of what sort of info the headunit will actually display on the clio dash display.

Thanks

Lee

BMW M2C
Provided your existing headunit isn't one of the very latest models, which it shouldn't be in a 172, then they'll work fine.

I purchased them for my Trophy, but they made a change to the way it works in early 2005 so the adaptors no longer work.

BMW M135i
I've got those leads and yep they'll work fine in your 172 as the alternate headunit is only in the 05> clios, the dash display just says Alpine all the time and changes to say what function you've pressed. For example when you use the seek wheel the display shows Seek Up or Down depending which way you've spun the wheel.
Other than that it just says alpine all the time which isn't exactly brilliant but its better than nothing.
I'll grab some pics to show in a bit.

edit:
stalk1.jpg

stalk2.jpg

stalk3.jpg

Last edited:
  V6 Exige, GTR R35
ive got a sony - paid £250 for it the cdx m8800,

got a alpine sub, amp and alpine components - just dont like alpine head units....

no problems ever with it - has more functions than most alpine head units - its just down to preference i suppose mate.

Monaro VXR
There all pretty much the same. Id just say go with an Alpine cause i just like there units. And hopefully getting my 9855R tomorrow or day after :D

as said in PM... i think the display adapter is a load of crap for my Alpine 9853 head unit...

its well worth it for the steering controls though, because the Glide Touch panel is also crap! Heh

/Dan.

IMG_1650.gif

V6 Exige, GTR R35
got one of these from caraudio direct too for the sony unit - works well, no problems fitting it. Display is the same as the pics above, except says sony obviously :eek:

Clio200 EDC Lux
OK now I am confused, thought I would give Alpine UK tech support a call today regarding this matter.

He gave me the two parts number for the required leads, I then asked him what would be displayed on the clio dash, he said almost everything radio name, track name(if you name the track) track time etc.
I then went on to mention that someone I knew had a set of leads but they only produced the word Apline and up / down depending on if you changing voluming / track.

Anyway then thought I would give my local halfords a ring, spoke to the car audio, and he said the same thing only this time mentioning something about conecting a lead to the clock??

with the older alpines, you had to connect the adapter to the back of the clock display which meant removing the dashboard.

The newer adapters all fit to the back of the Head Unit.

The Guy from Alpine was talking out of his arse :)

Clio200 EDC Lux
From apline website:

Display-Interface

This convenient interface system links the vehicle display in your car to the display on the Alpine head unit, letting you view pertinent tuner/playback information from your existing dashboard display.

So how come none of the leads actually do this?

Monaro VXR
Bought myself a 9855R today what a brilliant unit. Sooo many features on it.

And straight away the sound quality difference was so noticable sounded massively better. And the screen looks great.

Took a while to get it in my C4 though. No adaptors exsist for it yet so i had to get them to make one up and install it for me. Took the guy a good hour or so of messing about trying to get it sorted.

what leads have you actually got?

if you have the latest released leads, i.e. the alpine kce 940b-r3 is the one u need to display the proper info upstairs? (obviously with the additional 942e harness) is that what your using but still only getting alpine?

then again.. why do u need it, uve got a display on your headunit, you only really need the stalk controls.

ive still yet to fit all my adaptors on to my d310. aint had the chance

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
i want the stalk controls for mine but not the display ones as i really dont see the need for displaying the info twice, id rather look at my fancy headunit then my boring screen.

can anyone tell me witch i would need for just the stalk controls for a 51plate clio.

BMW M135i
Well the above CAD one doesn't actually tell you any info just says alpine all the time, i'm not sure if there is an adapter that only does the steering controls as the screen and controls use the same plug.

Are you using an autoleads adaptor to get that alpine display?

And mate, if you just want the stalk controls, you want a PC99 X12 & PC99 ALP or SON etc depending on what brand of headunit you have. this is an autoleads product number by the way.

p.s. you will have to take the controls to the back of the display upstairs to fit it no matter what.

clio rxe
ive just did mine, for a sony unit, actually a lot easier than you think, to take off dash etc, and im a novice at these things

Trophy 265/500
Any news on an adaptor for Trophy etc? I want to get a 9853/55 but won't bother until I can use the remote.

I miss my old Blaupunkt.

Clio200 EDC Lux
I ordered the apline leads cost me £65. Fitted them today and they work a treat, stalk controls work fine and it display station name etc. Played a normal cd and it says tack 1 etc. Got to do an mp3 cd to see if it will show the track name.

Will get some pics if anyone is interested.

Lee

BMW M2C
portland said:
Any news on an adaptor for Trophy etc? I want to get a 9853/55 but won't bother until I can use the remote.

I miss my old Blaupunkt.

I didn't get a reply from InCarTec this time.

M140i/Orange 182
Storm_Force said:
I ordered the apline leads cost me £65. Fitted them today and they work a treat, stalk controls work fine and it display station name etc. Played a normal cd and it says tack 1 etc. Got to do an mp3 cd to see if it will show the track name.

Will get some pics if anyone is interested.

iam interested in some pic's got the same HU where did you get the adapters from?

Clio200 EDC Lux
OK here is a few pics, soz about quality taken with me camera phone.

Attachments

• DSC00036.JPG
    DSC00036.JPG
    264.9 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC00037.JPG
    DSC00037.JPG
    287.9 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC00038.JPG
    DSC00038.JPG
    290 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC00039.JPG
    DSC00039.JPG