ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine Head Unit & Adapter - Fitting Advice

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I've just tried to change the Update List head unit in my 2005 182 Trophy for an Alpine CDA-117ri combined with the Alpine stalk & display adapter (APF-D102RE), however, I've encountered issues:

Having tested all the connections the stalk controls work but the display only shows the temperature and clock, it doesn't say, "RENAULT" nor does it show any of the info displayed on the HU, as expected. What have I done wrong?

For info, the car loom has 2 ISO connectors, the aerial lead, plus a smaller yellow connector, all of which I've connected up to the adapter and in turn to the HU.

Has anyone fitted an Alpine HU along with the APF-D012RE and encountered any similar problems or did yours work as expected?

Thanks in advance

E46 320D Tourer!
I'd pm mt audio for some advice matey. Fitted a stalk adaptor with my alpine not problems but its the cheaper adaptor so doesn't really help.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Dont think it will display any radio info at all other than temp and clock .

182 Trophy #333
Dont think it will display any radio info at all other than temp and clock .

Have you 100% got the right adapter? I had 3 different ones all supposed to be the right one for the Trophy, 1 didnt work, 1 worked but didnt display RENAULT, 1 displayed RENAULT but the steering controls again didn't work, i got bored and now use my left hand for adjusting the stereo..

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
This is the one I bought off a guy who also has a Trophy so I see no reason why it shouldn't work just the same.

I've tried getting in touch with MT but haven't heard anything back yet, I'm still hopeful though.

Clio 1.6 16V
This is the one I bought off a guy who also has a Trophy so I see no reason why it shouldn't work just the same.

I've tried getting in touch with MT but haven't heard anything back yet, I'm still hopeful though.
Did it work ?