ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine CDA-9885R - too much?

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro
Hi guys,

Looking for a new headunit. Want an Alpine as my experience with them has always been good.

It needs to be:

- Full-speed i-pod compatable (not just aux input);
- Have decent sound quality, although I'm not running any extra amps/subs;
- Single-slot CD changer.

I think this is a nice one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALPINE-CDA-98...S_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP?hash=item1e594a8fca

but also a bit overkill for my requirements.

Any help/opinions of getting a lesser (and cheaper) head unit would be much appreciated.

Would be looking to spend £140max new or £110max used.

Phil

Monaco 172
I bought an alpine 102ri which i find very good. 2 pre-outs, very nice to use. Picked that up for £130 new with the ipod cable included :)

I do the alpine cde 9871r (refurb) with 12month warranty for £90,kce 422i ipod cable (genuine) would be £15
Delivery would be £9 via ups

matt

Matt, how much could you do the ida-X301/3/5 for (inc. cable)?

Cheers

Ok, that is quite alot.

Can get the X301 delivered with cable for £126 from Pixmania. However the X305 is a good price I guess.

Does anyone know the differences between the X001 and X305? They both have the colour screen (which works well with the 5th Gen ipod) and the 305 has 50W max power compared to the 001 at 45W.

Other than that, the X305 is a damn side more expensive!