ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine cde-9882Ri what leads????

hi im a newbie to this forum , i just got my self a clio 172 , and want to fit my head unit from my old car, the head unit is less then a year old so would like to see if its compatible to use with the manufacturers display in the dash and the controls on the stalk near the steering wheel.

I have searched through this forum and found the results confusing there seems to be some leads available from car audi direct, one specific to car and one specific to head unit and need both for it to work. I emailed them about these leads and they say this will get the control stalk working but not the display and they dont know of any that do connect with the display.

Im sure that there are alpine brand connection cables that will connect to the stalk and the display , i just cant seem to find what they are called or if they are compatible with my head unit ?

My friend has a clio 172, and has had an alpine head unit fitted that is one up from mine and it work with both display and stalk but is unsure what lead they used when he got it fitted but said it cost 70 quid and was alpine , i think his head unit is the 9884, any ideas anyone what are the leads i need to get my headunit hooked up to my car with everything working??

thats abit like what i found on there website that i figured may do the job , but they didnt seem to think at least on the pre 2005 adaptor for the clios that it would operate with the display.
I think because the one you have used for the post 2005 cars runs on the CAN bus for the vehicle it can transfer information to the screen .

The connector they sell my clio 2002 i think below

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/29652-steeringstalk-control-adaptor-p-3474.html

just seems like normal iso connectors. so prob why it dont work as well .

Clio 182
Yes on second thoughts you will probably need different adapters! I called the guys at Car Audio Direct and spoke to really helpful guy! Make sure you make the call from yr work phone tho..... 50p a minute!!!!!!