ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine stalk adapter (Again Sorry)

Ive been trying to sourch the correct parts to link my 53 plate 172 stalk adapter (Yellow iso) to my alpine D310RB head unit.

Ive ordered KCE-840B and KWE-845E from car audio discount. Kce-840B looks like the remote display part for the sat nav screen in the car which plugs into KWE-845E which should then plug in to the yellow iso. Problem is its a long RED connector which is no way gonna fit my yellow iso.

The guys at caraudio dont know sh*te, "if it say renault it will fit" is all i get.

Any help guys greatly apprieciated........

Cheers tom heres some pics of the parts ive ordered

The head unit just accepts the standard 3.5mm jack plug

Not done pics for a while is the cliosport server down it say forbidden access

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Right ok, the 840b is correct!

The other connection is also correct!

BUT! the connector you need is BEHIND the clock!

dash off job!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Nope, you want the red molex connection behind the clock, its easy enough just dont lose the screws!

Yellow iso is a special conection!

BTW the display wont work.

Sorry Tom im totally confused.

Why dont they make it simple. What your saying is theres no way i can get the stalk adapter working without taking the dash off. I think the 840B part is correct but the 845E with the red connector is wrong. Alpine do a 843E with a 10 way iso maybe this one.....

theres no way you can get the stalk adapter working without taking the dash off.

[Edited by Pete on 15 June 2005 at 2:06pm]

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

No both parts are correct.

There is no way to do it unless your HU supports the 940b and i dont think it does!

Can it link to amps?

[Edited by Tom on 15 June 2005 at 2:12pm]

Just had a look and it does!

You need the 940b and the correct harness (they only make 2 so you should be ok!)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
  1.5dci

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 15 June 2005

i know
I dont suppose you know what leads will work with an 05 plate clio, fitted with a cabasse head unit. I want to connect my Sony unit to the stalks, but have tried tons of leads and none of them work.

I have been trying to connect them to the yellow ISO? Maybe this is where I have been going wrong, but that was connected to the original cabasse unit

Thanks

Andy

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

i said to you before, the cabasse unit is the same as the tunerlist unit.

1.5dci

i said to you before, the cabasse unit is the same as the tunerlist unit.
Yes you did.

But the lead did not fit!

So I am asking for some more advice.

Maybe if you are so sure it is the same, you might know why it didnt work?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Was the connection the same?

If the lead didnt fit, they proably sent the wrong part.

1.5dci

Was the connection the same?

If the lead didnt fit, they proably sent the wrong part.
Do you mean the same as the cabasse?

Everything fitted fine, apart from the red plug that was to connect to the yellow iso connector... it fitted in the socket ok, with a bit of extra room at the one end, but the yellow iso has 5 wired pins, the red connects one only had 4 wired pins

ford racing puma

I was told there are no connections made yet for the Cabasse h/u.
This info came from connects 2 and autoleads.

[Edited by zippyy on 6/16/2005 2:15:36 PM]

just bought the mentioned parts and reading the instructions it says it doednt work (KCE-940B) with the factory fitted sat nav which i have GUTTED!!

1.5dci

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 16 June 2005

the cabasse hu uses the SAME connections as the tuner list.
Tom, you keep insisting they are the same. If they are the same, why dont they fit? I have the connects DRSN003 still, but it definately does not fit, and I removed a cabasse head unit from the car

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by bluenoes on 16 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 16 June 2005

the cabasse hu uses the SAME connections as the tuner list.
Tom, you keep insisting they are the same. If they are the same, why dont they fit? I have the connects DRSN003 still, but it definately does not fit, and I removed a cabasse head unit from the car

Right ok heres how i know:

Ive fitted the tunerlist unit to my car, it works.

Ive fitted the cabasse unit to a car that had the previous tunerlist, it works.

So in conclusion, they are the same.

You must have the wrong part OR they have changed the design.

The connections ALL clios from 2001 have are:

Two, iso connectors and one yellow mini iso, if you dont have these then your correct it wont work.

1.5dci

OK. But the connections are not the same from 2001 onwards. They change again in 2003 if i remember from the Autoleads info I was looking at.

I cant remember if you said what year yours was? My original post was ref an 05 plate.

Mine has 2 isos and 1 mini yellow iso, and the item I have is the DRNS004, it is plastered all over the item with that number, and it definately doesnt work on an 05 clio.

Both Autoleads and Connects state that they do NOT make a compatible lead for an 05 clio.

Unless someone here has fitted a Sony to a clio 05 plate, and got the stalk to work, then it looks like the manufacturers are correct.