ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine Type R subs

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Has anyone here had any encounters with these or have them installed now? Are they any good? Some sales man told me that a single 10" Alpine Type R sub was better than 2 10" Kenwood ones! Didnt believe him but he said it was true. He said it was better for quality. Also has anyone got a Alpine sub? Opinions please. Cheerz

Gengar

ive got the old shape ZR1000 which the type R replaced. its a 10" 1000 watt and with a powerful enough amp seriously kicks!!
its sat in my bedroom now though as i have a twin 10" jenson in my boot which is bassier!

Lionel Richie

i had the 500watt version in a sealed box. It was very good considering it was only a 10incher. Only problem was it went pop and doesnt work anymore!!!! Ive now got a 12inch Kenwood F3003 (the blue one with twisty bits on the cone) It can take loads more than the alpine could but then they are different sizes and power handlings

I recently got rid of my alpine 12" that was in a ported box that certainly did the job but i opted to run the same speakers through out. alpine are good but there are better depending what ure budget is

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Well i only want the single 10" Apline Type R sub. But everyone there is a deal that i saw with a alpine sub which has 1x600W. I take that is the Max Power, dont suppose anyone knows what RMS output power is? The model number is MRV-T707. If anyone has one, or has any opinions, please post them. Cheerz again

Gengar

max powers allways double RMS. max power means sod all really. if its under powered from the amp not being strong enough a 300w max will sound tons better.

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Really, thats what i want, but the 707 aint got a x-over. Have u only got a single 12"? Does it really kick ass, but wot type of musik do u play? Thanks

Ive only got a single 12" in an alpine box. It kicks OK (but not as good as the 2 12" jbls I used to have) the 707 does a x-cross over and is only £149 from www.cel-direct.com :)