ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine vs Pioneer

Pioneer one I think. :D Even though the Alpine is very good also. ummm Ill stick with my decison of the pioneer. lol.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

alpine... pioneer doesnt really compare performance wise... look at nakamichi too

As father and son....

big fan of that alpine one, its my baby. sites firmly set on it when i get an up front payment for some freelance work :)

thats £300 malice!

its nice but its expensive after ive spend another £50 for the stalk adapters.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Pioneer

after seeign it in the flesh in CupCakes old motor its looks stunning in the car.

And sounds very good.

Quote: Originally posted by Has on 30 July 2005

Pioneer

after seeign it in the flesh in CupCakes old motor its looks stunning in the car.

And sounds very good.
damn it, hes gone so i cant ask for pics...

Si... if your reading send me pics! heh

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

my m8 has the pioneer, and i really dont like it, looks ok... but i dont like the small display

Pioneer (not just because I own one) - no toys just looks sh*t hot and the sq is awesome even on standard speakers. :D

clio si dti

that specific model (pioneer) was rated very highly not for the looks but something to do with the performance

[Edited by stig247 on 7/30/2005 7:47:21 PM]

Lee

BMW M2C

I had the same problem. It was between the same two headunits.

I went in Halfrauds and had a play and preferred the quality feel of the Alpine, and the motorised front. lol

The glide strip is a gimmick, and a pain when trying to use it on rough road surfaces!! I wish they would hurry up with the stalk adaptor for 05 Clios.

You already seen how it looks in mine.

Lee

BMW M2C

Found it. As well as being able to chose the brightness of the display, it also has a cable to connect to the car so it dims when the headlights are on. Not connected on mine though.

You can put the unit into blackout mode. If you press a button the display will come back on for 5 seconds then go back off.

Ill have to try it out. lol

cool... thats sorts out my main concern with the alpine sorted then... the disco lights lol

Thanks for checking lee :D

Lee

BMW M2C

Dam, thats on the 9855 only.

You can just put it on the dimmest setting, but then you cant read sh*t when the sun comes out. lol

A well built VW

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 30 July 2005

for those that have the pioneer, does the text scroll?
IIRC NO! It only holds around 10 characters but you can use the button to scroll

I LOVE mine the pioneer you listed my last one was Pioneer and lasted over 7 years with only one button snapping in the 7th year other than that faultless I have it fitted in a mk2 ph1 if you want i can take a pic .......

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

i think the pioneer one does scroll the txt..... sure i read it in the review.

Its a cracking unit, and Pioneer Quality is spot on. Ive seen a few faults with a few Alpine units, but nothing major.

Id say make the choice on money/looks now

I like the Pioneer due to its colour and origionality, after seeing it.

The alpines all look the same to me tho

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

The alpine can be dimmed with the head lights but you need to connect it to the correct bit of the original loom, bit of a pain but well worth it.

Skoda Fabia vRS

basically ive got a normal Alpine thats worked 100% fine for the past 2 years being used almost every single day, i cant see that glide touch thing being easy to use, or reliable long term, its a gimmick and i bet its something that isnt on next years units

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

the alpine doesnt really flash.. none of them do... just displays the info... most u can get is a small equaliser mooving but u can stop that...

106 GTi

I would go for the Alpine, they always seem to take sound quality up a level from the Pioneers and Kenwoods. As Malice says any small equalisers can be switched off if they really annoy you.

Must get my old 9833 in the 182

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

alpine alpine alpine alpine alpine alpine alpine alpine alpine alpine alpine get my drift ;)