ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine vs Pioneer

Anyone got any views on Alpine CDA9812RB and Pioneer DEHP77MP head units - or very similar models in this price range ?

Cheers,

Skoda Fabia vRS

well ive got the Alpine 9812RR and have had it for over a year with no problems, quality unit !

K20 EG Hatch

I have the alpine 9812rb, absolutely brilliant head unit, im sure people will agree its a higher class than the pioneer!

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Dan Page on 29 October 2004

im sure people will agree its a higher class than the pioneer!
id disagree, the Pioneer DEHP77MP is a very very good unit, if the Alpine really is better then its not by much...

plus, it depends on what look/features/quality you want, your not gonna get bad sound quality from either so compare features....

Astra 1.9cdti XP

I nearly bought the DEHP77MP but was put off by the small display. It limited what could be displayed from ID3 tags within MP3s and RDS radio. I went for the DEH-P80MP which I love.

I just dont like the look of Alpine units!

K20 EG Hatch

The alpines do look abit Merc stylee instead of flashin lights etc but thats what i prefer!

Spose its just down to your own opinion on each...

ive got the 77mp, love it, 3 6v pre-outs, plus i like the understated looks, the audi tt of head of units, classy, you know. having said that, alpines are quality too, dont like the new pioneer (80mp), that joystick thing in the middle feels like it its gonna fall off, and someone at work said it looks like a willy, now i cant see it as anything else!! hehe

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

I have the 9812RB, It does the job for me, never used the tuner part of it, had MP3 discs in it every day for the past 2 years.

im goin for the DEH8600P i just wanted something with a colour screen and also i think pioneer have more of a personal look to them were as with Alpine they all seem to look more or less the same. but i think there is hardly any Difference between the alpine and the Pioneer headunits

having listened to more alpine and pioneer (kenwood and clarion too) head units than you can shake a stick at. imho alpines cd players are above all the others

350z & 16v Maxi

the 77 is a good unit, but excluding that alpine is better. (unless you go to some of the older Pioneer units) and ive listened to a hell of a lot.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Ive got an P77MP and its a great little unit. It looks good and sounds good but its really let down by the small display screen. Alpine make some great sounding head units, but Im always put off by the way they look. I dont like the button arrangement, but thats just a personal thing.

Whoever wins we lose. haha no-one else spot this?

[Edited by jimmy_mac on 31 October 2004 at 6:51pm]

damn my 3 minute ban!!! you beat me si!