ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alternative to internet explorer??

6/468 17poo
Fed up with internet explorer whats the better one called and where do i get it from, is it much better??
cheers Ryan

Golf GTI 1.8T
www.getfirefox.com

I use it and am very pleased with it!! love the tab browsing (press Ctrl+T and you get another browser page in the same window on tabs.)

Also came pre installed on my new dell laptop so they must like it too! its the way forward, IE's time is up imo!!

Silver 172 Mk2
M1TCH said:
www.getfirefox.com

I use it and am very pleased with it!! love the tab browsing (press Ctrl+T and you get another browser page in the same window on tabs.)

Also came pre installed on my new dell laptop so they must like it too! its the way forward, IE's time is up imo!!

Cant agree more. Been using Firefox for a few months now and deff prefer it.

6/468 17poo
ooooh ill get right on to it then my also new dell laptop seems to be running slow as fook, perhaps i shouldnt have norton and avast running at the same time??

ill get downloading now and see the changes!!
Ryan

Golf GTI 1.8T
had no problems with my norton 3 month free trial, its just run out though so gotta go buy it tomorrow.

Ryan what laptop did you get?

6/468 17poo
really its slowed everything down, i kept getting stupid trojon worms or summit comming up so found the norton disc but computer is running slow now any ideas?

i got a really good deal, got a inspiron 6000 back in sept with very good memory think 1gb of ram so it can run architectural desktop a treat, upgraded the screen as well with better resolution and prosesser is good. 1.73 centrino i believe!got it for 700 notes was quite happy bearing in mind thats quite a while ago!

what u get mitch?

6/468 17poo
oooops sorry mate!what laptop you get then mate?

wow this mozilla shizzle seems loads better and fits the wide screen on the laptop loads better!!!

Cheers people

Golf GTI 1.8T
beatjunkie said:
i got a really good deal, got a inspiron 6000 back in sept with very good memory think 1gb of ram so it can run architectural desktop a treat, upgraded the screen as well with better resolution and prosesser is good. 1.73 centrino i believe!got it for 700 notes was quite happy bearing in mind thats quite a while ago!

what u get mitch?

I went for the 9300, wanted the 17" as I use it at home the most. Take it to college as well and to mates etc. Got it in december, got the 1.73 aswell but didnt go for the screen upgrade, knowing it is a samsung screen was enough for me, I'd like to see if there is actually any visable difference though. Paid £859 with bluetooth, well impressed with dell cos it came 3 days early and they help me out with a wireless problem quickly.

Lost wireless but they sorted it on the phone, and it runs fine! :D Haven't tried using CAD on it yet but photoshop is ok!

Golf GTI 1.8T
Oh yeh it fits the widescreen nicely! firefox just takes a little longer to load up, but once its there its dead quick!

Was unsing IE6, then changed to Firefox... used it for anout 1 month and really liked it however ive started to prefer IE7 and have since removed firefox.

Security wise i used to run norton however now im running microsofts windows OneCare and Windows Defender (antispyware)

Golf GTI 1.8T
BluePete said:
don't pay/buy norton or whatever, there is free software that will do the job..

what free software can I get then? just want the same as norton internet security.

bowtothefox7mw.gif
203010149541a36196c008f0cy.png

Golf GTI 1.8T
is that a faint smell of bullshit??

cheers pete, will check that oiut tomorrow when i can read what yuo typed. lol;

:)