ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternative Track Day Tyres

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
They are just better on the clio on track, you also get cheaper tyres.

Everyone on here that does track days atleast a couple of time a year runs 15s.

Depends on what clio you have, 15's won't fit over the brembos on 197/200 :D

lift number 1 @ btm
Cool. Ta.

I'm after some slicks sooner or later, but sod paying what avon or kumho want!

BMW M5 & E36
What did you have on the back?
888s?

What pressures you using, i'm 26 cold & seem fine.
For the money in 17's nothing comes close.
Did nearly 200 miles round Silverstone & only one tyre was showing wear.

Parada spec 2's delamitate when pushed hard, fact.

Awaiting RS3 :D

T1R on the back (on their 5th trackday! Some on front, some on back). Had the RS2's 29psi WARM. Tried higher and lower, that seemed best to me.

I ran Silverstone slicks on my Cup race car, hard front and medium compound on the rear, nothing but good things to say about them, their track day tyres, from what I've read and from speaking to Service & Sport are also very good:

http://www.serviceandsport.com/ftztyrerr.htm

Problem is for me is that now I just want 1 tyre that's going to get me to the track, be decent on track and then just go home....hopefully! It's going to be a compromise....but hey, that's life!

Worth the extra then. Thanks Neal

Any experience of runing them in the wet - compared to R888's?
Not really part of the ring was damp but as we don't now it wasn't really pushing and they wasn't on for long we went from here to the ring 8 laps on there then on to spa for a track day then back home, then Andy did a full day at oulton and a full day at anglesea all on the front then mallory with them on the rear and they are now in the garage with 2mm of tred still on them not bad really as the R888's that was on the front only manage half a day at silverstone and 1500 miles I would run them 100% over r888's but then R888's lasted well on andy trophy and I now people who don't like ao48 and go for r888's all day long :S