ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternatives to iphone

Mountune Tractor
Is there anything that really comes close?
Been looking at the blackberry storm and sony ericsson experia X1 and they both look good in their own rights. I know you should choose the phone that best suits your needs but is there anything really that can beat the iphone for quality, fun, features etc etc

Skoda
I nearly got rid of my iphone for the storm but when I thought about it I just couldn't get the same from the storm

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Some people reckon the Samsung Tocco is an I-phone beater! I wouldn't say that...but its an interesting phone to use.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I have the htc hd and its awesome and that's considering it is windows mobile

Fiat Panda 100hp
New Blackberry store imo isn't as good as the iphone. Not as smooth, not as good feature wise, and the best thing about the ipod which sums it up for me is its pixel perfect and everything just works.

Hmmm, not really.

Jailbreaking is less essential now with the AppStore.

I only jailbreak for themes, as the stock icons are dull.

3 x Renaults + Lexus
Blackberry Storm is great but I think only only vodafone at the mo.

I have one the screen is amazing quality (better than Iphone) and the push screen tech is a nice touch.

I think the standard memory in the Iphone is bigger (but you can expand the Storm) and it the Iphone has WI-FI but I dont think the cammera is as good

Iphones are aimed at the general public Storms are more for business users that use more email functions. You can edit Office appllication on the Storm not on the IPhone and the Blackberry Storm software sync with Office I dont think the Iphone can.

Also i think the Iphone battery is fixed in so no spares and dont belive the battery life on either phone its a lie 5 hours talk time is not right more like 2-3

3 x Renaults + Lexus

Yeah Samsung Omnia is a really nice new phone and it runs Windows Mobile which is the only downside for the Storm

If it was not for the vodafone deal on the Storm i think the Omnia would have be number 2 on my list

IMO nothing come close to it, I tried using the blackberry storm the other day, took me about 15 minutes to figure out how the touch screen worked, and tried finding the function to configure email settings, after an hour of trying I gave up

VaVa
Hmmm, not really.

Jailbreaking is less essential now with the AppStore.

I only jailbreak for themes, as the stock icons are dull.

Been done to death, but there are several basic functions of a modern day mobile phone that you can't do with an iPhone unless you hack it.

It's not for me, that's for certain.

Dont get me wrong the BBS looks nice and everything but I found it almost impossible to use the functionality of it is pish

3 x Renaults + Lexus
Dont get me wrong the BBS looks nice and everything but I found it almost impossible to use the functionality of it is pish

Well there is a new software patch coming out soon and the screen does take some getting used to the push screen feels odd for a wekk or two. I have had mobile phones for 20 years and it even took me some time to get to grips with but after a few weeks navigation is very quick.

But the fact you cant edit Office documents on the Iphone and the fact it is not on Vodafone is a killer for me.

I dont like Mac's and both OS are not as good as Windows Mobile which is making me now wish i had the Samsung Omnia which has more memory and a better cammera than both the Storm & IPhone

Corsa :$
Got the Tocco today..will let you know when it breaks LOL (i have a problem with looking after phones) Decided against he omnia as i wanted something small enough to fit in my purse because if i have more than one thing in my hand ie a phone and purse in a shop i put one down on the shelves while i look at something.. and then remember 10minutes and several aisles later (oops)!

Seems ok bit fiddley to begin with and im having a look at some of the common problems now such as dropping calls occasionally and bad sound quality during calls.. not had them yet but they can just be fixed with firmware!.. will keep you updated!!

Motorbikes

Yeah Samsung Omnia is a really nice new phone and it runs Windows Mobile which is the only downside for the Storm

If it was not for the vodafone deal on the Storm i think the Omnia would have be number 2 on my list

I just got one of these on Saturday.

Few niggles... battery life is appalling - on its 3rd charge since I got it 2 days ago, it was charging last night then all of a sudden the battery died this morning so otherwise it should have lasted a lot longer (could be a fault here somewhere with my phone). Text input is awkward, no enough dead space beteen touch buttons so its easy to press the wrong one, plus the 'send' softkey is too close also so I keep sending incomplete/incorrect texts.

Otherwise, great camera, looks good.

Mk2 Clio dci
Just read the review in Stuff Magazine between the Google G1 And the iphone. G1 has a 3.2mp cam compared to iphone though. Also, G1 only has 400mb internal memory with optional 8GB card.

Final comment from Stuff - 'They are neck and neck with features, But the iphone takes it with irresistable looks and superior music skills.'