ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternator issue

Clio mk3 07
I'm slowly getting into the car scene and just recently swapped my bike for a ph2 Clio 172 (03) don't know much about them but the altinator blew on its way to me it's smoking from the altinator when the key is in not turned the engine on yet my friend seems to think it's just the wiring as its smoking without engine being on ? And also far chance but I know nothing about them would a vectra altinator fit as I have one lying around and no spare cash to buy another one Cheers Levi

Monaco 172
Possibly alternator seized and its the belt smoking? Is the aux belt still on the alternator pulley?? If it isnt i WOULD NOT start it - you'll run the risk of the aux belt getting caught up in the cambelt, then it'll be goodnight for the engine!

If it is the alternator, google alternator refurb in your area. It'll be cheaper than replacing it.

Good luck.

Clio mk3 07
Possibly alternator seized and its the belt smoking? Is the aux belt still on the alternator pulley?? If it isnt i WOULD NOT start it - you'll run the risk of the aux belt getting caught up in the cambelt, then it'll be goodnight for the engine!

If it is the alternator, google alternator refurb in your area. It'll be cheaper than replacing it.

Good luck.
The belt is still on and cheers for the help I'll give it a try