ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternator upgrade..

B 8

Black Mk2 172 [ B 8 ]

Im about to install a US Amps 2000X amplifier in my Mk2 172. The thing is this amp draws over 300 amperes of current and I dont think the stock 110 amp alternator and optima yellow top is up to the task. Ive got a 15 Farad Alumapro C.A.P.

Is it possible to rewound the alternator or should I just buy a new one with a larger rating?

Thanks in advance.

Now that sounds like a meaty system in the making there. Those amps are top notch for SPL burps. Just out of interest what subs are you running?

I think you need more than one battery on that amp to get it going properly. Id say another yellow top or redtop could be the order of the day. Also the power cable will have to be 2 or 0 guage. Is the system going to be used for SPL competitions only or are you using it for driving around with as well. Either way i think an alternator upgrade is needed. I would try to find a bigger sized alternator that can be modified and rewound to fit. It wont be cheap but aim for between 120 and 200amp.

You havent got a Rolls Royce Jet Engine alternator lying around have you by any chance???

Russ

Evil ICE Car Audio
www.evilice.freeservers.com

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

F*****G hell man, 2 15" Kicker Solos. Your gonna hear that from a mile away on half volume! Im gonna go and sob at my 12" now! :-(

Hon