ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aluminum bonnet?

106 Quicky
I bought a bonnet of someone that claimed to be aluminum but when i got it home i checked it with a magnet and it was magnetic, but i dont know if it's because of the metal on the back of the bonnet? Stupid question but anyone know.

Only the early phase 1 's came with them but they are the lightest.

they weren't cheap to make though and the difference wasn't much so they went to normal metal on later cars.

106 Quicky
yeah its off a ph1 172 and its really thin, and when you tap it sounds like aluminium but its magnetec. beats me

275 Trophy
Check the bonnet where it doesn't have a differing metal back? Sounds like you've been done pal.

Hope you get to the bottom of this. At least it's not as bad as the "I just paid for a 182, How many of them were made with a single exhaust?" thread.

I'm sure this isn't the case, but am just putting it out there. Is it definitely Aluminium and not an Alloy. Alloys can be magnetic. Aluminium isn't. In all likelihood it's an Aluminium based Alloy anyway.