ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am I asking too much for my car

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=16&TopicID=140842&PagePosition=1http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=16&TopicID=140842&PagePosition=1

I have it for sale at the moment, see above link.

2001 51 reg
1.5 dCi Expression 65bhp
5 door
Metallic silver
Almost 47000 miles
Very clean
FRSH
10 months MOT and Tax

Im asking £4800 ono at the moment. Am I asking too much? One person has said that £4000 is nearer the mark? From looking on Autotrader, this is the only one being sold privately within 60 miles, of this age with this mileage, also I thought that the dCi held its value better than the 1.2. 1.4 etc.

Mondeo STTDCI

Should hold its value a bit better but 4800 is still expensive IMHO.

Bit of mileage on there even if it is a diesal.

don't

id worth what some1 would pay for it

if u can afford to wait, then wait, just advertise it everywhere u can, loads of diff car clubs etc

i had an old ax gt worth £500 for sale, had it up for £700

sold it in a swap deal and made £1500 :)

got lucky, if its rare near u then u might aswell

but only if ur not after a quick sale and can hold out

I sold my 1.216v for just under £5500 (to someone on here). I had loads of calls before and after selling it, a girl even cried on the phone that it was sold! Funnily enough, Autotrader valued it at a grand left but Renault Dealers were selling crap spec Clios for over £5k and same with some people in Autotrader.

The car had done similar mileage to yours, and was an 02 plate albeit with a more desirable spec.

You have to face that there are so many Clios about, you need to sell it cheap or have a car a bit better than the norm.

-Rob

tiTTy & SV650

did you look further afield on autotrader to see what similar cars further away are priced at?

Also did you compare to a similar specd petrol clio (more common) with similar mileage? Easiest thing to do is consult parkers though.

Good luck getting it sold!

Yeah, I looked further afield, and I found a 51 reg dCi, 120 miles away, that had 44k miles in non-metallic red for 3.5k private. Kinda depressing really!

Parkers quote:

Private Good £ 4875

With the car on average mileage - 30k.

[Edited by Clare on 2/15/2005 5:35:16 PM]

Some people on Autotrader have same spec dCis with over 50k on them for over 5k. Ill stick with the price Ive set for a few days to see if I get any interest I think.

Thanks for peoples honest opinions :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

wouldnt worry to much about the price, i dont think its that, i have my car up for sale to and not really getting any enquiries i think the market is just slow at the moment..

silver valver/hybrid

Quote: Originally posted by Freebone on 15 February 2005

market is just slow at the moment..
probably people waiting for the new regs to come out

Unfortunatly although its cheap it seems there overpriced and no one buying them. Mines the dyanmic and only worth £4k a year more modern.

The biggest problem is some import etc companyies sell new dci dynamics for £8k

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

i take it the car is out of warranty as well - that doesnt help, though long MOT, dont lose faith as thats the first sign your getting desparate. I think though with new plates coming up there will be a flood of cars at your age on the market, id recommend a price of £4495 ono. and take £4300

guid luck

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

cool clare, chin up as i made the mistake of getting desparate when selling my corsa and let it go for about £400 less than i should of, but i was too focused on the 172 i had ordered.

incidentally are you getting the dci 100 clio?? my missus has been talking them up having drove one