ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am I a candidate for a diesel?

Renault Clio 1.6 VVT
I am looking at 2 clio's at the moment: 1.5 Dci 106 and 1.2 TCE

The dci I have been looking at has 63,000 miles on it and is only £3200
The TCE has 55,000 miles and is on for £3900

I know diesels are only really for people who do some mileage, so this is my usual driving pattern:

5 days a week I travel to and from work totaling about 200 miles - mixture of dual carriageway and 30mph roads
Weekends I tend to do town driving
Every other weekend I travel to the see my girlfriend - about 170 mile round trip pretty much all motorway

The dci does much better mileage, will seem a bit more 'punchy' and is cheaper to buy, but I don't want to get a diesel and do any harm to the DPF etc.

Thoughts anyone?

Cheers

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
How many miles would you say you would be doing in a year? Also how do you drive...foot flat down or relaxed?
If you drive a diesel car like a petrol one you won't see the benefits.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
As long as you drive long enough to get it up to temperature you'll be reet.

The dpf gets clogged up if you just drive them here and there not giving it time to warm up.

But that trip to your gfs (pics?) should suffice to burn off all the shite in the exhaust.

Meg dci 175?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Good shout :smile:

I was going to get one before I got the r27.

I thought I'd get a grown up, fast car when I got a big boy job which would require a 90 mile per day commute.

Then it turned out I wasn't grown up at all as I bought a bright yellow, s**t on fuel girls car to travel that 90 miles per day lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Clio dci 106's are wicked little cars! Fit some 197 seats (as the standard ones are absolute horse s**t) and you'll have a great car. Much better than the TCE.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I was going to get one before I got the r27.

I thought I'd get a grown up, fast car when I got a big boy job which would require a 90 mile per day commute.

Then it turned out I wasn't grown up at all as I bought a bright yellow, s**t on fuel girls car to travel that 90 miles per day lol.
Haha that was my thinking too, but I only do 20 miles a day, I didn't really need a diesel in hindsight but don't regret it, I love driving it and I get around 42mpg out of it on normal road driving. Wouldn't change it for anything else tbf.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
As long as you drive long enough to get it up to temperature you'll be reet.

The dpf gets clogged up if you just drive them here and there not giving it time to warm up.

But that trip to your gfs (pics?) should suffice to burn off all the shite in the exhaust.

Meg dci 175?

Not all of the clio DCI's have them though do they? I know my little 86 doesn't. It seemed to depend on what year it was made as to whether it had a dpf/fap (fap... Snigger)