ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AM I BEIN RIPPED OFF

got me car booked into halfords on thursday to have A (single) bearing fitted - they are charging £121.21 for the bearing and fitting.

Is this right???????????!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

shouldnt be that much, i had mine done on my old rt for about £40 (i think). try a local garage, rather than halfords!

if u on 17s expect to go through a few though mate. mine only had 15s on and i used to get tehm replaced for free cos they went within the 12 month warranty!

Bloody hell thats expensive!!!!!

Ive been through plenty in my 16v on 17"s!! lol

The bearings cost less than £30 and should take no longer than an hour to fit so £40 labour! All in £70 every time!!

Tell em to fook off!!!

When my front one went on my Mk1, It cost £88 at a local garage.. £30 bearing, rest labour..

silver valver/hybrid

jeez thats a rip off! i got a bearing for my valver, for £17 then got it fitted by our local mechanic friend for a tenner!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

take your hub off, go down to a local garage with a bearing puller get em to take it out and whack the new 1 in, then put the hub back on your self.

f**k me, 50 quid tops i would be paying -like someone said, just get it pressed in, put it together/dismantle it yourself.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

thats way too much.......but what the hell are you doing letting the halfords muppets loose on your mota!?!

i thought they were "monkeys" not "muppets" ??....well acording to the advert anyway !!

them bearings arent nice to do !! i hate doing em ( which is probubally why your getting high quotes ) its not easy getting the bearings out with a puller.....you usually have to "shock" em out (translated that means fookin big hammer!) but once youve got em out........yer laffin !!

Your car isnt booked in with halfords because HALFORDS themselves dont run any garages any more. The garages you find inside the Halfords stores are owned by the AA breakdown company, and Yes you are being ripped off.

I had both my bearings put in my 92 1.4 Clio for £90 inc Bearings @ AA service Centre. (within halfords store)

2012 WRX Waggon

I wouldnt let Halfords (or whoever they are) anywhere near my car, after the way I have seen them being driven out of the place.