ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am I being ripped off by stealer?

Clio172
Bit of advice please. I have a 2003 172 bought 5 month ago from stealer.
I now have a coolant leak, took car to stealer today, radiator is knackered so will be replaced under warranty.
But do the hoses need replacing?. Their is slight crystalization on one of the hoses near the radiator and stealer recommends I get these replaced along with the clips, would they have to replace all the hoses or just the one that has crystalization?. They want to charge me £75 to replace the hose/hoses + clips am I being ripped off?.

Da

Less
if the rad is under warranty why aren't the related hoses? :S
Sounds to me like they're just trying to make some £££'s out of warranty work.

53 Clio's & counting
depends on the dealer mate,i work 4 vw,and if there is a problem with a pipe,we would advise just that pipe,unless there are any signs of any problems with the others

i v much doubt they would replace all of them,as they wouldnt be able to claim them on warranty,and get there money bk from renault,i have to deal with the warranty parts in my dealership so i gota know bout this unfortunatly lol

Last edited:
  Clio172
The dealer is Reg Vardy the warranty is called Autoprotect and appreantly the hoses arent covered under warranty. I understand its a renault part as well so i cant get from anywhere else.

53 Clio's & counting
basically,the warranty claim is only directy for the part at fault,if one pipe had sighns of a leak then they would be able to claim that under the warrany,but if renault is like vw warranty then replacing the other hoses as a preventative move would not be covered under the warranty terms because usually every part is covered under warranty as an idavidual part,for example coil packs always go down on vw's,but vw wont replce all four,they will do one,silly i know but its the only way for the dealers to claim there money bk from the manufacturer's

hope that helps a bit matey

Clio172
Gonna phone up there head office Evans Halshaw and make a formal complaint. Phoned Renault Uk, they didnt want to know coz they dont make any money on 2nd hand cars.
Best bit was that they were going to charge me £65 just to look at the car and if any part at fault wasnt covered by the warranty weither I got that replaced or not they would charge me the £65.

J

Jim NM

Some dealerships make the hair on the back of my neck stand on end...

Most of them rip you off overcharging for parts and labour. There should be a law against it. :dapprove:

Give them the finger and get some decent hoses from either Samco or SFS

1. http://www.sfsperformance.co.uk/