ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am I getting screwed?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Just noticed my BT bill, £52pm

Unlimited BB, caller display, anytime calls.

Any better deals out there, who is worth trying??

2007 clio dynamique
Im sure sky is far cheaper than that , well im pretty sure it will be as my whole bill including tv is roughly that

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Unlimited Infinity 2 is only £26 a month for me, with off peak calls that I never use.

Even if I paid line rental monthly that'd only be another £12 or so a month.

£52 is high.

I was in a similar position Steve.

I hardly used my phone at all, yet they still insisted on a large buffer within the direct debit to cover any calls I may use. I think my package was £34 ish yet they took around £50 each month iirc.

Annoyingly when they sent the quarterly statements, they would always say 'your payments are about right, so you will continue to pay X.

When I left due to move house, even after the fee to 'ensure your broadband is cut off' I still received a couple of hundred back in credit.

Now I'm with TalkTalk pay as you go. I pay the line rental, plus £2.75 for unlimited broadband I think it is. So monthly payment is less than £20 unless I use the phone for any calls. To be honest with both of us on comprehensive mobile phone contracts we only use the home phone for freephone numbers.

I wouldn't go back to BT if I could at all help it.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Will have so look round to see what is available.

According to BT site for £52 a month I can have unlimited infinity, you view box, anytime calls etc etc, me thinks I should cancel & go elsewhere?

Any deals out there anyone know of, £30-£40 would be nice?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Pay BT line rental upfront for the year, negotiate a new deal on your existing broadband. It's now an annual occurence with BT - our bills suddenly jumped to almost double because we had ended the existing offer and they just bump you back onto their standard tariff's - i.e. f**king expensive! Caller display is now chargeable unless you query it for example

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Will asking a few questions tonight.

The BT sport with Football & moto GP is a big draw?

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
We only pay 52 for virgin premier collection.
100mb broadband
Loads of channels Inc bt sport
Another box in our room
And unlimited calls

But when we signed up we got 6 months half price, 170 credit on the first bill and 170 cashback through Quidco

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Can you keep your number if move to say Virgin?

BT confirmed that for £2 more than I am paying I can get lot better package, I think they got the message that makes my piss boil :argue:

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
If you do move anywhere make sure you go through Quidco. Always decent cashback offers. Takes a while but I got 170 quid!

2001 Clio 172
TalkTalk - don't get the best reviews but have been ok for me. Unlimited BB (not fibre), weekend & evening calls & line rental = just over £23. Sign 24 month deal and you get TV thrown in too, YouView box.

We only pay 52 for virgin premier collection.
100mb broadband
Loads of channels Inc bt sport
Another box in our room
And unlimited calls

But when we signed up we got 6 months half price, 170 credit on the first bill and 170 cashback through Quidco
How do you find it? Our broadband is meant to be that speed, but it never is, sometimes no where near close. Also it cuts out about three times a night at the same time, every night. Ours is crap.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Ours is fine, Only been with them 3 months but all been fine so far, much faster than what sky were providing!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Bt sport is included on premier collection with virgin. One of the reasons I changed. Like motogp!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Gone with BT, paid upfront line rental for year.
Bill will be £37 a month for 12 months, then can renew again.
Got infinity unlimited, anytime calls, caller I'd, latest hub, you view box etc etc.
So still got my moto Gp & footie