ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am I getting too old

R26

Last night in Edinburgh, I was in the garage and It was full, and I mean full of Citreon Saxo VTRs, and old stlye MR2s - my point though is:

Why do these guys have to sit in the full garage revving their engines loud as f**k and then wheel spinning them out the garage - and I mean wheelspinning them - do they reckon it makes people think - wow that car is so fast and they are cool or - in reality - people think look at those tits. Eitherway I did find it hard to keep a straight face, but I did take great pleasure in driving very slowly out of the garage so as to not give us clio lads a bad name !

I wouldnt say you were getting old, i would just say there are a lot of idots that drive those cars who think they are cool!

cock mobile.

Quote: Originally posted by Guilbert on 28 January 2005
I wouldnt say you were getting old, i would just say there are a lot of idots that drive those cars who think they are cool!

Agreed.

But Saxo and cool in the same sentance, pahh!

133/225/CLS AMG

I dont mind going to the odd cruise, provided I know there is gonna be a decent number of cars to have a look at.

Dont understand the little chavs who sit in petrol stations though. All seems a bit gay to me.

And wheelspinning your car makes you look like a prick coz as you say doesnt mean its fast.

Best burnout I saw was the 1.1 Saxo chav who pulled his handbrake on, revved and lifted the clutch pedal. Wheels didnt move but lots of smoke. One new clutch for him then ha ha ha!! Nob

always seems to me a bit pointless ripping your tyres up everytime you pull away as you see a lot of chavs do....and more often than not its a crap car anyway so all they are doing is drawing attention to themselves!!

at a cruise id half understand but these lads do it everywhere round here, its like "hey look at my great clutch control as i dump 1.1 nova power to the road and then revs the tits off it!"

MKIII 138

each to their own though. there nothing wrong wth maturing its when you get the pipe and slippers out and buy a volvo thats bad.. even if its an uber 4x4 300bhp volvo = caravan pulling oldies.

[Edited by meggerman on 28 January 2005 at 11:38am]

Cruises about here are usually boring as f**k, sh*te weather, sh*te cars and little neds. Id rather meet up with like minded adults from here in carparks...;)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

escobar - thumbs up m8. I fully agree with what youre saying. I got to the big 30 last December and upon seeing tools like these (why do they pick petrol stations???!) it makes me smirk as well.

Weve all done chavtastic moments in our driving - purposely letting go a full pressure load out through a DV26 dump-valve etc, but to sit still and rev the knackers off your car is just....., well....... stupid. Isnt it?

renaultsport clio 182

;)not getting old mate ime 31 now, old man i know,it just this generation imo,but not everyone because their is a lot of sensible ones,personally never did wheel spin like you explain odd race wi mates and a toot round town centre at week ends,i know were getting older but also a little wiser.lol carnt see myself tooting round town with the wife and kids at 2 in the morning ha ha.

Ive never "got" the whole cruise thing, not really a fan of the southend thing and its right on my doorstep, cant see the enjoyment in sitting in your car for hours on end.

Nah, youre not too old. I dont get the whole cruise thing either - and Im not that old!!! (26)

I had reservations about first attending a cliosport meet, but went anyway and was surprised by the number of sensible folk who attended (well, the majority ;)). There was no revving, not much wheelspin, and only one handbrake turn (you know who you are!).

What I dont get is the lot that hang out in Tesco car park in Falkirk most nights of the week. You can hardly step out your car without getting mown down by some little sh*t in a corsa. The management of the retail park put down about a hundred speed bumps but all that happens now is they race between them: full throttle / stamp on the brakes / full throttle and repeat. Grrrrrr!!!!

Clio 200 Cup

I hate these people with a passion! If you are getting too old then I must be well past it (20). Everytime I see a saxo do this (and 99.9% of the forementioned are saxo drivers.....especially VTRs), it just makes me hang my head. I couldnt think of anything else that would make them look bigger pricks! I love nothing more than lining up against one at pod and anihilating them properly. At least at pod they wont try some rediculously suicidal overtaking manouver to try and put them back infront of you again............wouldnt put them past it though

R26

Yes you should f**kin know ya prick ill bust you ya fukin bullet.

RFLOL - Disco actually sits next to me at work- hes a bigger snob than me :)

R26

thanks, i appreciate that Ally :)

p.s - lol disco is in the middle of writing a massive speel of sh*te as i write this
[Edited by ESCOBAR on 28 January 2005 at 4:22pm]

Volvo S60 D5

Quote: Originally posted by ESCOBAR on 28 January 2005

I think all these punks must have been going to a cruise. However, either 1) i am guilty of being too old (29) or 2) iam guilty as sin for being a snob - if (2)is what i am accused of - then thanks, im proud have the book thrown at me for being a snobby clio/volvo driver, all I can say is: guilty as charged

:D

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/smileys/smiley4.gif

What Volvo? Im a Clio/Volvo driver too :D (And Im 20!)

sadly one thing to remember is the fact that clios are just as popular as saxos, give it a short while, they will have the same reputation

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

V70 T5 lol
Nice cars them...

I couldnt agree more with this thread (34).

Surely it would be far, far cheaper for them to spend the money saved from not wheel-spinning everywhere on a tatoo that says "Notice me...PLEASE" right across their forehead.

It would achieve the same thing...95% of people would just point and laugh.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by MarkCup on 28 January 2005

V70 T5 lol
Nice cars them...

I couldnt agree more with this thread (34).

Surely it would be far, far cheaper for them to spend the money saved from not wheel-spinning everywhere on a tatoo that says "Im a complete tw*t" right across their forehead.

It would achieve the same thing...95% of people would just point and laugh.
Totally, 100% agree.:D

Im sorry people, but Im sure theres something in the owners manual for a VTR that says something like...

"When in situ at a petrol filling station forecourt you must rev your engine and wheel spin to confirm to other motorists that you are indeed a nob"

;)

[Edited by Lewy.Lewis on 1/28/2005 8:33:58 PM]

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

I love driving my car..... And often do go for a drive hear and there, some people would say im cruising but im doing what a car is made for lol, to be driven! Not to sit at places and rev it to sh*t :confused:

Dont need to rev to draw attention,not enough power to break traction and cant afford forkin out for 215 and 225 pirellis every 2 months even if i did!Around my way old astras and cavaliers are wheelspin kings.

R

rich[182]

Age dont come into it mate, theyd still be nobs if you were 10 LOL

Quote: Originally posted by Lewy.Lewis on 28 January 2005

"When in situ at a petrol filling station forecourt you must rev your engine and wheel spin to confirm to other motorists that you are indeed a nob"

generalised statements like this are what piss me off about this place

the clio is no better than the saxo, its just as popular (if not more now) just as cheap and there are loads of modifications out there for them

there are quite a few of us on here who have owned vtrs before the clios, for £2k i had a mint 99t vtr (well after id rpaired it) back in 2000, loved the car, nadling was excellent, just required more poke, vts woulod have been a perfect example

just become some chav decides he want to rev his engine in the car park/forecourt doesnt mean we all done it that way :mad:

comprende?

E91 M Sport

Its the type of person / car combo that makes for a "nob" identification...

For example, if you saw a Zonda (the car, not the guy on here ;)) pulling out a little too quick is gonna sound good and look pretty sweet...

On the whole though, I would most certainly class these people as complete c***s! lol

MY sentiments entirely MIKETHEMAN2K, if people want to try and drive like that in their "car" (best not say the make) then they should really think what its achieving - the word that begins with N. If statement like this to annoy then may be its best to think big and say little for all parties - which defeats the whole object of having a forum really. No offence was intended Bryan, but next time your out and about on a nice casual drive somewhere, just have a look about for a N. Since I have had the Scooby STi8 I get every N person in the world at the lights reving their engine, wheel spinning away and trying to prove something - What is that something? Their Nob size. I bought a STi8 and a Clio 172 for one thing only - I like cars and I like track days. Both of these cars are brilliant on the track - thats where I drive and act like a nob - not on the public highway.

[Edited by Lewy.Lewis on 1/29/2005 11:07:57 PM]