ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am I in need of a chip

Have serviced motor, whilst fitting K-Tec exhaust with de-cat and also have a piperX IK fitted. Car feels much livelier, and also quite noisy. However Has anyone had a similar set up and then fitted a chip, also am I right in that Hill Power will do a chip to suit these mild mods. For anybody who has fitted a chip, what have you noticed, is it worth me getting one now, do you recommend it. Same with a uprated fuel pressure regulator, should I invest in one of these. Any pointers, much appreciated, cheers!

Ps Did everybody see the Clio Tuning article in this months CCC mag, also BBPerfTuning new catalogue appears to be out, turbo details are interesting

Cool, anybody know where I can purchase a valver ECU, as wish to keep a standard ECU spare, so I can always return car to standard, cheers fir that

What year is your car? Ive got a spare one at home you can have for what I paid for it. It is for a 1991 or early 92 16v. Mine is a late 92 and for some reason they changed the ECU so its no use to me. Let us know how you get on with the chipping as I have filter and decat+stainless and wouldnt mind finding out from someone whos had it done to see if it makes a big difference.

damianshaker, could be interested in your ECU how much you wanting for it anyway. However my valver is a 94M and so good chance its no use to me if there was a change i them, I would need a late ECU would I not, anybody know about this, also can Reno 19 16v ECU go onto a Clio 16v. I really wish to keep a standard ECU spare so I can always return it to standard (if I ever sell her, it will probably make it easier also). I remember seeing someone stating the codes and years for the ECUs, but cant remember where, was it on the forum perhaps, will have a look.