ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amazon fire TV sticks

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
No officer I'm on about the naughty naughty apps
Its simple, also never call it sky glass, its a rebranded app to make you feel warm and fuzzy.
Anyway, depends what they sent you to make work.
But steps are

Install Downloader via the Amazon App store.
Install VLC Media Player via Amazon App Store (and open it and accept the ts&cs.)
Go to Home Screen, Click Settings cog in far right.
Select My Fire TV
Click About
On the device name at the top "Fire TV Stick" Click the middle button 8 times till it says your a developer
Click Developer Options
Install Unknown Apps, select Downloader and turn on.
Press Back and HOME button

Open Downloader
Download application via URL or short code.
Install.
Open, and log in. Profit.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Its simple, also never call it sky glass, its a rebranded app to make you feel warm and fuzzy.
Anyway, depends what they sent you to make work.
But steps are

Install Downloader via the Amazon App store.
Install VLC Media Player via Amazon App Store (and open it and accept the ts&cs.)
Go to Home Screen, Click Settings cog in far right.
Select My Fire TV
Click About
On the device name at the top "Fire TV Stick" Click the middle button 8 times till it says your a developer
Click Developer Options
Install Unknown Apps, select Downloader and turn on.
Press Back and HOME button

Open Downloader
Download application via URL or short code.
Install.
Open, and log in. Profit.

Wait, so I can put an app onto the Amazon app on my sky glass TV instead of having a fire stick plugged in and another (lost) remote?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Isn’t the “Sky Glass” app on firesticks just IPTV Smarters with a skin on top?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a paid one and the UI is shocking.
Shame but it'll do until renewal when I'll look for something better. As long as I can watch films and football on it it's ok, it's when I bin sky off and the kids want to look at it it becomes the issue when I'm not there.

Seen loads of them in work, most of the engineers have one with them, and not one are the same build, even when they get them off the same lad 🤣

The best I've seen had the virgin UI on it. Haven't seen a Sky one yet.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I've got a paid one and the UI is shocking.
Shame but it'll do until renewal when I'll look for something better. As long as I can watch films and football on it it's ok, it's when I bin sky off and the kids want to look at it it becomes the issue when I'm not there.

Seen loads of them in work, most of the engineers have one with them, and not one are the same build, even when they get them off the same lad 🤣

The best I've seen had the virgin UI on it. Haven't seen a Sky one yet.
It depends what app they give them really.Most of them are smarters or xciptv. If you did want to change your app can sort this for you if you really cannot stand it. (only the app), not the service.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Proper LOL

IMG_0138.jpeg

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Are these full 4k or UHD & any lag or drop out?

Got a brand new 4k FS but never took out the box

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
So, after ditching Sky for EETV (still have reservations) - and the fact that I’m paying for every subscription service going, I want to look at IPTV. I used to have a Fire Stick with Kodi installed, but that was years ago and I’m a technophobe really.

Where can / should I go to get one?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I googled it and went for one with decent reviews.
They must be made up because the UI is w**k. It's broken a few times and there's no VPN like promised. It's £60 per year and I was setup in seconds after paying tbf.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
So, after ditching Sky for EETV (still have reservations) - and the fact that I’m paying for every subscription service going, I want to look at IPTV. I used to have a Fire Stick with Kodi installed, but that was years ago and I’m a technophobe really.

Where can / should I go to get one?
Can recommend some if needed.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I googled it and went for one with decent reviews.
They must be made up because the UI is w**k. It's broken a few times and there's no VPN like promised. It's £60 per year and I was setup in seconds after paying tbf.
Doesnt mean you cant change application, most use smarters or xciptv (then are rebranded) if you can find the apks ill be able to assist in moving you application if needed to a nicer UI.