ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amazon in Pixels - Broadband required

Having knocked up one of those pixels sites a few weeks back (basing it on the Million Dollar Home Page) I thought I would try something a bit different and populate the space with Amazon pixels.

Here is the link
http://www.milliondollarrssfeed.com

Let me know what you think.
There is a bit of a delay in IE before the Pixels show. FireFox displays much sooner.

A student who came up with the idea has made over $500,000 in a couple of months selling Pixel adverts. As a result there are over 500 copycat sites now, this one included.

Rather than having blank space the site has products from Amazon split into 20x20 blocks. The whole page is generated dynamically offline and was done using RSS and vb.net.

don't
I just don't see why people would buy a pixel lol

I mean who actually goes onto these sites and clicks on them

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
u can't even see what they are! if u want something surely u goto amazon and look the normal way?

The guy who created the original site i'm sure did well because he got lots of media attention and it was picked up in the context of what students need to do these days to pay their way through uni.

The size can be varied. It can be changed to multiple of 10s. Apparently with the original site people were supposed to be intrigued and clicked around at random seeing what each thing is. That was probably the initial novelty factor and these things wear of.

The site has made a few hundred dollars out of it so far which isn't bad.

Normally there would be lots of white blank space and a few pixels that people have bought. So i thought I would fill it up with something and it was reasonably straight forward using Amazon as I could automate it rather than manually doing it which would have taken days.