ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

amount of data/usage

Clio
What's a decent amount of data for a phone? I'm with 3 atm and I get 3gb but am about to cancel. However I've noticed the other networks don't offer near as much.

Im just worried that all my live widgets and stuff will rape my data when out and about. I assume that at home It won't matter as ill have WiFi.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
If your using android then get 3g watchdog and run it for a week and then x 4 to see what you do in a month.
Widgets don't use much and unless your using youtube etc all the time then 500MB should be enough for most people without the need to use wifi.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
To be honest i don't have anything above 2 bars that often, never mind 3g, so my interenet is 99% WIFI

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Now I'm tethering to my iPad I'm using loads more. Got my run out of data text yesterday, gets reset tomorrow though!

Around 1gb a month is about right for me, and I have a 3G works laptop I use a lot too, without that I'd need much more!

Bus w**ker
Up until two months ago I rarely saw 300mb usage a month on either my Blackberries or my iPhone. But now for some reason that I can't understand or explain, as I don't think I'm using my phone any more than I did previously, I'm near enough hitting my 500mb limit each month; I got a text from O2 yesterday informing me that I was up to 90% of my allowance and my new months data doesn't begin again until 22nd. I can add another 500mb bolt on for £5 though and from what I've read theres no charge for going over the allowance, just a 15kbs speed limit.

I've had a heavier month than normal this month and used 530 when I'm allowed 500. Got charged 2:40ish extra which I can cope with. Normal use for widgets and occasional web browsing is around 300.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
i usually use around 100mb. check facebook a few times a day, internet random stuff, fair bit of use.

have mates WiFi passwords ;)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Is there no way you can find out how much you currently use from 3?

I have a 500mb limit each month and I've just hit 90% for the fiorst time in a while but thats due to having no internet at the new house and a crap wifi signal in work.

I'm normally on CS/facebook/news sites a good few times each day too.

Clio
Is there no way you can find out how much you currently use from 3?

Well I've only had the phone 5 days. I did actually download a data counter last night and I've worked out I'd need atleast 800mb that's without working out tethering.

I assume most contracts are 500mb standard, I just hope they offer 500-1k mb bolt-ons.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Missus has 8.1gb since march last year! Fair amount!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Seriously how do you use somuch?? If I'm at home, use wifi, at a friends use there wifi. If I'm out I'm doing something fun not downloading p**n On my phone.