ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp Frequency

Skoda Fabia vRS

my amp has 2 options for frequency

its running 6x9s

either 70hz or 100hz.......which do i choose ?

172 Cup

Brun are sure you are not looking at the low pass filter, they seem to be very low i.e for subs.

Skoda Fabia vRS

no thats seperate

it has the filter off / low pass / high pass

this is a seperate switch

172 Cup

Yeh, Thats what I mean. When you select low pass on one switch you can alter the requency of the low pass with the other switch. I.E Low pass selected with the option of either 70 or 100hz.

Griff

Skoda Fabia vRS

o right, so it doesnt affect it unless im usin the low pass filter ?

what about the high pass ?

172 Cup

Yep only affects Low pass if Im correct. Perhaps one of the Ice experts can clarify this later.

Griff

BMW 320d Sport

Err need more info...assuming that there are no other switches on there, you must be able to choose full frequency, low pass or high pass output. The 70/100 switch will give you high or low pass at 70 or 100hz. If youre low passing to the 6x9s you want to put it at 100hz. If youre high passing to the 6x9s then make it 70 so you get the widest range possible out of them and it just protects them from the lowest frequencies.

If youre running a sub then you want it low passed at 70..

Skoda Fabia vRS

its just runnin 6x9s.....thats all

anywayz ive spoke to Dazz and your right about it only being for the filter mate

ive got the filter off so its fine on any settin