ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp Help!

Im currently running two amps in my car and have been doing for a few months.

one amp runs two subs and the other amp runs my 6x9s.

Yesterday i was driving along and the amp running my 6x9s just cut out, i turned the head unit off then back on and it was alright for a bit, then it would do it again.

When i looked in the boot at the amp, the power light would be lit but then it would cut out and a Protection light would come on instead of the power.

It seems to only really do it when the bass is heavy or i go over a bump when im driving.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Craig

sounds like a dodgy earth on the amp. It may have come loose. Check all the connections at both the amp and battery end.

Failing that it could be that the amp is on its way out.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Classic overheating symptom.

Could be a bad earth as Evil ICE said, but is more likely to just be getting too hot.

Clio 182

I had the same problem! My earth connection was dodgy, try changin that, where is it connected 2 at the mo?

also check ya remote!

im havin mass probs at mo with my amp getti red hot! its also a digi amp and bloke at shop cant understand it! they ment to get warm at most!

Thing is, it happens as soon as i turn the thing on so it cant be gettin too warm in a matter of seconds.

Changed the earth last nite, to the same point as my other amp that is working fine, and it is still happening. The earth is just to some metal work on the side of the boot, but like i said its in the same place as my other amp and its fine.

It as been fine for several months, no problems, and now its gone tits up all of a sudden.

The remote wire is the same as the one for my other amp, just split in the boot and it seems ok.

Ill have another play 2nite.

well if all the connections are fine then its either the amp that is dying a death, a voltage problem or it could even be a 6x9 which has died.

Try pushing the cone in on the 6x9. If it crackles then its knackered and might be causing the amp to trip the protection circuit. If they are both fine then use a multimeter to check the voltage of your battery and also at the amp end of things to make sure theres nothing wrong. Failing that...christ knows...might be worth getting the amp tested then.