ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp power lead

Apart from drilling, does anyone have any good suggestions for a place to get the lead for my amp from the battery to the cabin? I only got my 172 last week and dont really want to drill holes in it just yet!

Cheers

I believe you can try where the bonnet release cable goes through the bulkhead behind the coolant tank/master cylinder. Thats where mine is.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Yea theres a grommet there which you can use. From the inside its almost behind the glove compartment. Lay down in the footwell and you can see it.

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Yeah, thats where i got mine through. Its quite big coz i got 2 massive power leads through and some smaller gauge ones for neons etc!

hon

Clio Gtt

thats what i thought,

too confusing.

some one need to change there screen name me thinks,lol

Thank god for this post....Just fitted my amps at the weekend and this post was sent by GOD to help me...:D

Thanks...

Sorry Ben J!!!!

Unfortunately i couldnt find a gromet anywhere (the mk2 must be different to the mk1 172) nor could i find a suitable place to drill! the engine bay is rammed! a lad down the street has a 1.2 clio so i had a look where he put his amp lead through, but where he drilled on his car had loads of pipes in the way in my car!

I ended up tapping into the power lead that goes into the back of the stereo (after deciding against tapping into the ignition power lead) - i wasnt sure if it would work but it has hurray, finally some decent bass.